when fleet controls arrive i have a request...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    lower the price of crew at the spawn shop

(50K credtis what!?) to about..5K maybe? so then everyone can test out crews easily!

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    NPC crew will not be coming with fleet control initially.

Reactions: nightrune
    Reaction score
    Fleet controls extending to Bobby AI is probably a good idea. It let's you have an amount of control over drone swarms etc.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My requirements for fleet controls are pretty damned simple, really.

1. "Stay with Mothership". Designate the ship I control as the mothership. All AI ships will try to stay within X distance of me.

2. "Return to Dock". My mothership will also be a carrier. I want to be able to hit a button and tell every ship in the fleet to come dock to me so I can make a jump/recover drones/etc.

After we have those, then I can start wanting stuff like programmable patrol routes, automated factories manufacturing goods with automated cargo ships hauling said goods to a shop to sell for a steady income of credits, etc.

But for now, I'd be quite happy with "Actually have the fleet follow me around" and "God I never want to make another disposable drone rack for as long as I live!".

Reactions: Pacific_Jim
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    But for now, I'd be quite happy with "Actually have the fleet follow me around" and "God I never want to make another disposable drone rack for as long as I live!".
    You don't need disposable drone racks, you can replace drones with shipyard repair?

Reaction score
    An option for getting drones/other docked craft would still be nice, even though it is a pretty big ask AI wise.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    An option for getting drones/other docked craft would still be nice, even though it is a pretty big ask AI wise.
    Shouldn't be a big deal to make the AI remember their ship and docking block, fly in range and shot a docking beam at it.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Not really if you have AIR-rails (like area triggers).

They just need to "dock" at an end-point outside your hangar.