What StarMade's Jump drive would be with sounds!

Reaction score
    you know, i think im guna try an make my own warp drive sound effect, should be good practice for sound design. ill post it here when im done. one thing i wonder tho is how long the sound needs to be. i remember reading somewhere that the current warp animation is just a placeholder and will be slightly longer and perhaps even more visually elaborate.

ill try and make something nice and powerful. :D

Edit: ok heres what i made in 20 mins, its fairly meh to be honest and im not all that happy with it :/ but ill work on it more properly later to get something really cool sounding. i already learned a couple this last 20 mins that should help later to beefen it up :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9sd1r12608t7yk3/OdraNoel - Starmade warp sound concept V1.wav?dl=0

Last edited:
    Reactions: aceface

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Would be real funny if you did that into a star though

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    He did though. That close to a blue star? Dead. Quickly. :D

Reaction score
    I knew it'd be Elite, holy hell the sound design is brilliant in this game. The way the sound builds up, then the whoosh and bang, and then the silent rushing sound. It's exactly like I'd think it would be.

Starmade, after the new docking, needs to have an update using sounds in my opinion. It's just too quiet, it isn't satisfying at all and very boring. Enemies silently attack you without any warning sounds, so you fire back with you silent missiles an your silent laser beams. If you die? Small blip. BORING. It really needs to be the next update.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    i created my own jump sound using the unused sound effects. they're featured in some of my videos
    (Can be heard at 1:23 and 2:14)

Reactions: aceface

Blakpik

Angler
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    And then you burned up in a star...
    It did say "Temperature Critical", it just said it before he warped to be passive-aggressive.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421841712,1421840554][/DOUBLEPOST]
    i created my own jump sound using the unused sound effects. they're featured in some of my videos
    (Can be heard at 1:23 and 2:14)
    Woah... That video was awesome.