Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor

Easy Difficulty AI will have 99% Accuracy at 10 meters
    Medium Difficulty AI will have 99% Accuracy at 30 meters
    Hard Difficulty AI will have 99% Accuracy at 100 meters
    Mean Difficulty AI will have 99% Accuracy at 1000 meters

• Easy is best for new players who won't be using turrets. Missiles are deadly but don't try to rely on missile defense turrets. Dog fights are a breeze as your opponent won't be able to hit the broad side of a barn at combat range.
    • Medium is great for players who want a little more challenge while still being capable of engaging a larger target in a dog fight while in a smaller craft. Experimenting with turrets is recommended but they still won't be to effective.
    • Hard is great for all around play. Turrets are fairly accurate but the AI is not a sniper at 1000 meters so dogfights are still enjoyable if you keep your distance. You better have a better ship than your opponent though. Missile defense turrets are fairly usable now.
    • Mean, is just mean. AI is a dead shot at 1000 meters. If you are not moving you are getting core drilled. Heavy shields are a must but on the bright side your turrets have all the benefits as well meaning better missile defense.

Reactions: FunnyBunny14
    Reaction score
    Good stuff. I like the categorization

For the longest time I thought the description for the config was confusing and thought it would scale differently (accuracy would grow exponentially). When I found out it was literally the distance I felt silly.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    haha, that blooper xD

Thanks for this video though, nice to know what that setting does now.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I personally think that npc ships should have hardish difficulty while ai turrets should have aimbot mean like difficulty, because they are being controlled by a computer so they should have very pin point accuracy.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I personally think that npc ships should have hardish difficulty while ai turrets should have aimbot mean like difficulty, because they are being controlled by a computer so they should have very pin point accuracy.
    I too would like to see these settings separated. That or instead of just adding projectile spread difficulty could adjust the AIs reaction time/ tracking speed.

Reactions: CaptainTaz