What do we want? FILLED BLUEPRINTS! When do we want them? QUICKER!

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    AAAAAALRIGHTY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, SIT YOUR LITTLE BUTTS DOWN BECAUSE UNCLE DEBBY'S GOT A SUGGESTION FOR YA

So one fine morning I found myself filling a massive amount of armor in a blueprint by myself. And I thought "Wow, it'd sure be great if I could fill this quicker than moving 7000 blocks over to my inventory at a time."

Then I got the idea~

What if when you placed a blueprint into a storage and clicked fill, it filled from the storage itself, instead of your inventory!

Masterful, I know.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Couldn't you solve this by making the storage your personal cargo?

Reaction score
    Yes, you can, Malacodor. I've done it before. But it's unnecessarily painful to repeat, and it would be much better to have this option.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The fill all button doesn't fill from storages, which is what I'm suggesting.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, just make sure you're in your main storage when you buy the blueprint (so it ends up in there), then FILL ALL.

ez

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    The man has a point. Yes, you can just:

-Set your storage as personal cargo
    -Put the blueprint in the storage
    -Open your inventory, switch to "Cargo", open up the blueprint, and "Fill All"

...But why? The "fill all" button should try to fill from both your inventory and any storage window that you have open.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I use the cargo method, by placing the blueprint in there.
    It would be nice to not have to juggle things around.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Shipyards or personal cargo trick, simple as that.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    but filled blueprint will be cancelled SOON, because it is a cheat for cargo system.
    it let player to carry a ton of blocks, which makes the limit for person backpack become useless.

Reaction score
    but filled blueprint will be cancelled SOON, because it is a cheat for cargo system.
    it let player to carry a ton of blocks, which makes the limit for person backpack become useless.
    It has a one sector radius, so you still need a humongous storage somewhere. Maybe it could be only for build mode, but taking it away entirely makes survival large ship building impossible.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It has a one sector radius, so you still need a humongous storage somewhere. Maybe it could be only for build mode, but taking it away entirely makes survival large ship building impossible.
    I believe he's talking about just having a BP to hoard items into, since the BP itself doesn't have much mass itself , and adding items does not increase it.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    well, then build the bp into design form and construct it from there. Why can't we use these functions for easier ship building if we can't use it for constructing the ships that way than bp if the cargo starage trick gets removed? Its like people are forgetting alternatives for ship building sometimes.

Reaction score
    I believe he's talking about just having a BP to hoard items into, since the BP itself doesn't have much mass itself , and adding items does not increase it.
    Ah. That thing. It's not to exploitable, but it's still annoying that you can do that.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    AAAAAALRIGHTY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, SIT YOUR LITTLE BUTTS DOWN BECAUSE UNCLE DEBBY'S GOT A SUGGESTION FOR YA

So one fine morning I found myself filling a massive amount of armor in a blueprint by myself. And I thought "Wow, it'd sure be great if I could fill this quicker than moving 7000 blocks over to my inventory at a time."

Then I got the idea~

What if when you placed a blueprint into a storage and clicked fill, it filled from the storage itself, instead of your inventory!

Masterful, I know.
    To this, I'd say sure. Because it would take away an annoyance of having to reset my personal inventory everytime I want to fill a blueprint from a different storage. But at the same time, unless it's really easy, I'd rather the devs work on other content, such as making the shipyards just as reliable as blueprints, so that canned ships can go byebye for survival servers. (Don't get me wrong, I love my blueprints, but it does detract from the realism, these ships in cans)