What are your speculations on starmade?

Reaction score
    That's a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad title
    The general discussion (and the forums in general) seem to have been getting kind of hot(as in, I know a flame war is coming from just around the corner) recently so I think we should have one without arguing. Even if I'm wrong, It's fun to speculate. Basically, post a fan theory. If you live in a cave, under a rock, or something else rock-related a fan theory is basically looking at things in the game and pointing out things and saying others. I'll start if you don't know what I mean:

Ever noticed that pirates can't make their own ships? I think they are a fungus. Why else do the stations have tentacles? They infect ships, and make new ships. I also stirred up a short story about someone in an isanth shooting a colourful one open, then getting strangled before his home station was taken over. Why colourful? because the other ones are non-sapient. It gets a bit complex.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Speculation on a plex undeathinator:
    When activated it makes a scan of your body, stores the data, and implants a wide-range beacon into your body.
    Then, when the undeathinator stops recieving the beacon's signal it reconstructs your body atom by atom from the data of scan.
    The only reason the astronaut keeps his memory is, that his memory is behind the 4th wall(aka the screen)

A different option would be, that everyone is a simulated intelligence, that is just controlling a robotic body. And all the plex undeathinator does, is construct a new robotic body, and establish a connection between the simulating computer(somewhere in a dimensional pocket) and the new body.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Speculations on admins:
    Higher beings that can alter the state of the universe itself, and the objects within it. Therefore able to backup, teleport, paralyze (kick), and make stuff and people vanish (destroy+ban).
    Usually ever-watching vigilantes, who punish immaturity and exploitation of their universe. They also have a detest for the ancient, mythical creatures named "trolls".

Im a pirate, and i am NOT a fungus !
    He means the regular Starmade pirates. The ones with no physical appearance, and fly the old and grey Isanths.
    Or they "infect" ships from the catalog.

Reaction score
    I actually thought of another one, and its actually pretty strait forward. The antimatter cannon is a simple weapon, needs no particle accelerator or anything, And instead of the city-destroying booms from a single atom a small cylinder can only damage a single block (tier 1). Why? Because the starmade universe is antimatter. The antimatter cannons description even says its "are your basic laser cannon." because in this universe, regular matter and antimatter swap places. You are antimatter, your ship is antimatter, everything in the starmade universe is antimatter!

Anyways, I like what I (not trying to sound like a king or something) am reading so far. You people can put your theories in here, even if the aren't that much of a big subject.

Also, yes I meant the default pirates that just fly around in those old isanths.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    I think that StarMade is actually populated by a race of giants, roughly 10^4 times bigger than humans. This explains the planets' small size, and the sectors, and the systems. :P

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I think that StarMade is actually populated by a race of giants, roughly 10^4 times bigger than humans. This explains the planets' small size, and the sectors, and the systems. :p
    Alternatively, it's a universe where gravity is stronger, allowing small bodies that would not hold their shapes in the normal universe to keep together, as well as making everything stay much closer together.

I think we can disprove your massive giants theory with simple application of the square-cubed law, which states that any object that has its dimensions doubled has its surface area quadrupled and its volume octupled. A human that was twice the size of a normal human would need to eat 8 times as much food, because it would have 8 times the body mass. Also, it would probably die from muscular and skeletal stress.

Reaction score
    I think we can disprove your massive giants theory with simple application of the square-cubed law, which states that any object that has its dimensions doubled has its surface area quadrupled and its volume octupled. A human that was twice the size of a normal human would need to eat 8 times as much food, because it would have 8 times the body mass. Also, it would probably die from muscular and skeletal stress.
    Ah, but you're assuming I meant giant humans, when really I meant giant robots. You may notice that they don't eat, don't die in outer space, don't sleep, don't die of overexposure to the sun, don't drink, don't age, etc. This is because they're robots. They don't overheat like mammals would, because they don't have solid interiors. There are coolant systems, hydraulics, etc, but no muscle or bone. Carbon nanofibers ensure they withstand the stress of falling distances upward of a hundred (relative) feet. This is also how they can see each other through walls - their infinite power supplies give off radiation that can be detected up to at least a kilometer away.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Ah, but you're assuming I meant giant humans, when really I meant giant robots. You may notice that they don't eat, don't die in outer space, don't sleep, don't die of overexposure to the sun, don't drink, don't age, etc. This is because they're robots. They don't overheat like mammals would, because they don't have solid interiors. There are coolant systems, hydraulics, etc, but no muscle or bone. Carbon nanofibers ensure they withstand the stress of falling distances upward of a hundred (relative) feet. This is also how they can see each other through walls - their infinite power supplies give off radiation that can be detected up to at least a kilometer away.
    Robots...
    That limits RP in a way, doesn't it?
    Why can't we just call them biodegradable clones? Like those biodegradable plastic bags made out of potatoes.

Reaction score
    So "robots" limits RP, but "biodegradable potato clones" doesn't?
    Maybe they're lizard/avian creatures, like dinosaurs, which explains the size. But if gravity was stronger, like Lecic suggested, they would be torn apart, and mushrooms and trees coudn't grow...

Truly, it is a conundrum.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Players are just simply unexplainable. They are... well. Beings.
    This does not exclude the fact biodegradable potato clones are close to, if not equal to robots in terms of awesomeness.

Reactions: Strange
    Reaction score
    Hmm... There's so many threads where people put what they want to see, but what we could see... funny that it seems to be a different topic entirely.
    I think there might be a full AI system where NPCs move around and conduct daily business, and generally go about doing their own things. Would be pretty interesting to run across a load of pirates that are having a go at an NPC frigate with goods. You never know, it would be pretty cool to have a reward for helping out...
    Although, reasons that this won't get developed very could be due to the multiplayer focus of the game, and how it might not be needed.

D

Deleted member 301635

'Nother idea: The players are energy beings. That explains why they never have to eat, sleep, or defaecate. It also explains how they can enter computers, which are only half the mass of the players.

Reaction score
    'Nother idea: The players are energy beings. That explains why they never have to eat, sleep, or defaecate. It also explains how they can enter computers, which are only half the mass of the players.
    Hmm.. my idea was that instead they were maybe robots. And I think in the future players will no longer enter blocks, but I do agree on the fact that the player hardly seems human, given the way he can simply respawn with all his stuff and a few lost credits when needed.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Notice how the beings don't lose their stuff when they die and can carry the equivalent of multiple planets (if not solar systems) in materials.

I believe that each entity is actually equipped with a micro worm hole drive that allows the transfer of their goods between the galactic bank's massive storage vaults and where ever it is that entity is located. That's also why we don't lose anything when we die, we're not actually carrying anything.

As for the credit loss I believe that it's simply the death insurance cost.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    And then they use those same wormholes to spawn blocks onto their ships in large clusters, of course.

So, to recap,

The giant biodegradable potato robots made of pure energy/antimatter and equipped with personal wormholes to the Wallet Dimension are locked in combat with giant sentient space mushrooms.

I love this game.

Reactions: Keptick