What am I doing wrong? (Question about logic)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've been playing with the rotor blocks but no matter what I do I can't seem to consistently get it to rotate at 45° angles. I have two activators, one on a clockwise rotators and the other on a counter-clockwise rotator. But when I link those activators to the rotator I want to control it keeps turning at 90°.
    I've read the entire news post about them but I can't see anything I'm doing wrong.

(I can upload images if that might help clarify things.)
    (Not sure if this is the right place to post stuff like this but I thought it be the best bet.)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    just to be sure,you know you have to link the rotator with the activators,not activators with the rotator :P
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432367062,1432366731][/DOUBLEPOST]
    just to be sure,you know you have to link the rotator with the activators,not activators with the rotator :p
    also,i think you connected it alright. those 2 activators are now used to rotate the entity clockwise or counter-clockwise.
    now you need 2 more activators,that are not physically connected with anything,and you need to connect the rotator WITH those 2 activators,each rotator adds 45 degrees to the rotation

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    ^ what he said.

select your rotatory block with c and connect it to a single activation block that is turned on with v ... you should get an error message saying you can't connect the two. that's when you know you have done it right. also, don't put the activation block touching the rotary block, this will mess with it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    From your description, it sounds like you currently have three rotator blocks and two activation modules. Each of the activation modules is tied to one rotator block to control the direction of rotation, and both activation modules are connected to the third rotator block that is meant to have something actually dock to it.

What you need is a third activation module. As zigyzigy described, you want to connect your third rotator block to that activation module and turn the module on. Each activation module that you tie to a rotator block and turn on adds a 45° increment to the rotation. Without any activation modules attached it defaults to 90°.

Our fearless logic leader Bench does a great job of explaining it in this tutorial.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm going to try some of the stuff mentioned here and have a look at that tutorial once my net is back up. One thing I must say is this all seems VERY unintuitive. The more I learn about the logic system the less sense it actually seems to make...