\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
    It does look sci-fi space themed

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It would take up too much block ID's, sadly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It could probably be achieved with some kind of texture editing/merging and one new block ID to do that merging on.

Merge two of the wedge triangular textures into one square texture, then use paused "frames" of animation for each rotation of that texture. then when a wedge is placed in the same area as another, replace the pre-existing wedge with the new block, and give it the merged texture rotated appropriately.

Also, wedge lights already exist, kindof. The Light emitting crystals have wedges.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It would take up too much block ID's, sadly.
    I think you get me wrong.
    at the moment this is the wedge block:
    __
    |/
    something like that, but the script calculates the wedges as this:
    __
    |_|
    a block.
    if they change the script that 1 wedge= half a block you can place a second wedge to make 1 complete block
    i believe you were thinking of crafting 2 wedges together. I mean that you just place 2 wedges together to make special combinations

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    If it were that easy schema could do it. But it isn't and Calbiri has already commented on this. The fastest way to get this into the game would be to make dozens of new blocks. Any other way could be more difficult and take up more resources than they are willing to spend just to get that effect.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think you get me wrong.
    at the moment this is the wedge block:
    __
    |/
    something like that, but the script calculates the wedges as this:
    __
    |_|
    a block.
    if they change the script that 1 wedge= half a block you can place a second wedge to make 1 complete block
    i believe you were thinking of crafting 2 wedges together. I mean that you just place 2 wedges together to make special combinations
    Either way, it would still be neccesary to add a ton more ID's, because due to how the game is coded you simply can't have two blocks in one block space.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    dozens of new blocks won't be enough
    if n is the amount of types of wedges there are, n! new blocks for the mixed wdges would have to be added.
    Considering n!=(n-1)!*n and 1!=1 the number explodes really fast,
    If we'd have only hull wedges, 8 hull-colors and our 3 hull types, n would be 24, so 24! would be: 24*23*22*21*20*…*3*2*1 which is about 6.204484017*10²³.
    WAY too many blocks considering we only have 2047 IDs available.
    wrong formula. I was thinking every possible combination of all wedges including order.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    It would be much easier to implement a master/slave relationship option between wedges and another block and have the game perform some behind-the-scenes visual trickery.

How it would work:
    Select the wedge with "C" as the master.
    Select another block with "V" as the slave.

When the master wedge is placed, the game automatically draws the master wedge first, with that coordinate getting all the features of that wedge block type. Nothing new here.

Then, after this new master/slave relationship is established ("c", "v"), the game draws a complimentary "phantom wedge" of the same type as the slave block in the remaining space of the master block. When the master wedge is destroyed/removed, automatically remove the "phantom wedge" along with it. No additional HP, no additional bonuses. The "phantom wedge" is just for looks. Bottom line: No new block IDs (unless the slave blocks don't have a wedge shape variant already in the block list.)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    It would be much easier to implement a master/slave relationship option between wedges and another block and have the game perform some behind-the-scenes visual trickery.

How it would work:
    Select the wedge with "C" as the master.
    Select another block with "V" as the slave.

When the master wedge is placed, the game automatically draws the master wedge first, with that coordinate getting all the features of that wedge block type. Nothing new here.

Then, after this new master/slave relationship is established ("c", "v"), the game draws a complimentary "phantom wedge" of the same type as the slave block in the remaining space of the master block. When the master wedge is destroyed/removed, automatically remove the "phantom wedge" along with it. No additional HP, no additional bonuses. The "phantom wedge" is just for looks. Bottom line: No new block IDs (unless the slave blocks don't have a wedge shape variant already in the block list.)
    I could see how that would be a solution. Right now we have issues rendering large build previews. This sounds like it could result in the same issues. I think this would need a performance test to see if it's viable.