Read by Schine wedged camera block

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    a wedged camera block would be nice to have
    so get that angled view people sometimes need.
    most rooms can be over watched with 1 camera, exept if they are a cube.
    with the wedged camera you can place it in a corner and see the whole room.
    won't be more than that, it's just one of those things that are done in a few minutes but which is essential to have :D

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    most rooms can be over watched with 1 camera, exept if they are a cube.
    with the wedged camera you can place it in a corner and see the whole room.
    For placement in a corner a camera hepta would be better.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Would a tetra be better?
    if you can build a situation where you use a tetra/hepta as overlookig point, make a screen hot and show me, then i agree with you.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435639354,1435639286][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Would a tetra be better?
    but tetra could be pretty good for the top corner of a squere room, a nice angle down could be nice i do agree with that.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The problem with that is translating the movement keys when the camera is at a 45 degree angle (which I assume you are suggesting).

Remember cameras are mainly meant for flying aid!

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The problem with that is translating the movement keys when the camera is at a 45 degree angle (which I assume you are suggesting).

Remember cameras are mainly meant for flying aid!
    lol now you say...... hahahah just thinking of how it would go :3
    i suggest you cant move when you are in a wedged camera.
    don't waste too much time on it, waste more time on my suggestion thread: "events" or/and "cities+events+faction interaction"
    those are more important

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    For placement in a corner a camera hepta would be better.
    This would depend entirely on the shape of the room being monitored. If it's a long, flat room, a wedge would be better than a hepta or tetra.

lol now you say...... hahahah just thinking of how it would go :3
    i suggest you cant move when you are in a wedged camera.
    don't waste too much time on it, waste more time on my suggestion thread: "events" or/and "cities+events+faction interaction"
    those are more important
    I'd recommend having cameras linkable to hotbar logic, so you can pick one on a hotbar and just switch to that camera temporarily while the hotbar button is active, and then it switches back to the original view/camera. Because you'd probably just want to monitor that camera for a moment and move on to something else, I'd say that it would be fine to keep navigation control active.

Then imagine connecting this camera and hotbar button to an alternate computer. Now you have an opportunity for a ship's security crewmember. ("How's our guest in the brig, Mister Worf?")

Also, with logic-linking, you could have a logic system temporarily switch your view to a set camera when something happens. (Imagine a logic-driven fake factory where your point of view changes as things progress along the assembly line.)

Reactions: ltmauve
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Definitely liking the idea of more cameras and camera control. Camera's need more love.

I was trying to set up a docking camera last night and ended up stuck with a skewed vision because I couldn't rotate the camera properly. Rails, for example, have four orientations per side. Camera's have one. So 'down' ended up being the left of my screen.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    This would depend entirely on the shape of the room being monitored. If it's a long, flat room, a wedge would be better than a hepta or tetra.

I'd recommend having cameras linkable to hotbar logic, so you can pick one on a hotbar and just switch to that camera temporarily while the hotbar button is active, and then it switches back to the original view/camera. Because you'd probably just want to monitor that camera for a moment and move on to something else, I'd say that it would be fine to keep navigation control active.

Then imagine connecting this camera and hotbar button to an alternate computer. Now you have an opportunity for a ship's security crewmember. ("How's our guest in the brig, Mister Worf?")

Also, with logic-linking, you could have a logic system temporarily switch your view to a set camera when something happens. (Imagine a logic-driven fake factory where your point of view changes as things progress along the assembly line.)
    for that cameras have to be nameable too.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Adding cameras to the hotbar and naming them would be cool to, since we have 9 hotbars now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Yeah..
    Having a hotbar for cameras would be nice.
    And the system where you can press up to switch cores is pretty confusing, especially when you have turrets. Could we have a menu for that please?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    excellent idea! Having camera systems like this would make it easier to observe damage and spot enemies within your ship, making it more simpler to maintain the ship damage/breach.