Wedge Cockpit block!

Should there be a wedge shaped cockpit block added to the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 10 55.6%
    • No..

Votes: 4 22.2%
    • Doesn't matter.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Sorry if this has been mentioned in any Q&A's, but could we get a wedge shaped cockpit block added to the game also?

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    No,is not gona make sense then,No

Same,A corner salvage beam?Deosn't make sense at all

Sorry for my bad English.
    What you see in modern fighter jets, is that all equipment such as cameras, sensory systems, and even the guns, are streamlined inside the hull for less air resistance.

With slanted blocks, you could do the same in spaceships, and have a nice streamlined cockpit.

The way they work would be exactly the same.

I don't see why it doesn't make sense...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Legacy Citizen
    What you see in modern fighter jets, is that all equipment such as cameras, sensory systems, and even the guns, are streamlined inside the hull for less air resistance.

With slanted blocks, you could do the same in spaceships, and have a nice streamlined cockpit.

The way they work would be exactly the same.

I don't see why it doesn't make sense...
    Take a core or a wepon then cut it in half diagonal and put it somwhere,just imagine the texture it would have

Sorry for my bad English.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    LOL wow...where does " so weapons...and corners and blah blah...." come from? it's just one block that's a cockpit.

So, this wouldn't look better with a wedge cockpit?

it would conform to the design. There are other fighter designs out there that this could be used for as well. Lol, forum people crack me up....and going off the deep end is a bit ridiculous.....but hey, it's your opinion! ;)

Last edited:

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Oh do you mean like wedge shaped SD-Cockpits? I think that would make total sense! (Good idea)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I totally want to necromance my old "Rename SD-Cockpit blocks to Camera blocks" thread.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Just put your cockpit one block back, and add a galss wedge in front of it, and you're done. looks good, makes more sense than wedges versions of technicals blocks.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Just put your cockpit one block back, and add a galss wedge in front of it, and you're done. looks good, makes more sense than wedges versions of technicals blocks.
    As I understand that, but... I don't want to use glass in this instance, since glass has the nasty habit of interfering with visuals when struck and the shield effect is produced, ie: your view gets obscured. Also, whats so technical about a camera block?

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Oh do you mean like wedge shaped SD-Cockpits? I think that would make total sense! (Good idea)
    Yes!, not sure what everyone thought I meant.... there is only one cockpit block and its what I have pictured on the top front center of my craft...and yeah a wedge version of that would be nice to have. sooo, maybe I am missing a meaning (actual name? I just know it as a cockpit block) somewhere when I explain or suggest something...

Last edited:

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    and this? My remake of the Space Precinct Police Cruiser.... this has working flashing lights too :)

would not work in this case....and there are many other cases where simply that suggestion wont work.

...lol yea, I had to throw some cannons on her....

Reactions: JimmyJamba
    Reaction score
    Um... Move the cockpit one block inside and use glass for the front? Even a regular wedge would work, it would be rendered invisible when in the cockpit.

I don't think we need cockpit wedges. Also there are several implementational issues that just don't make it worth the effort.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5

When I made my pyramid shaped ship, I digged cockpits behind wedges. I think it is not neccessary