Weapons not working while in core.

Reaction score
    So this has been pissing me off for the past few weeks. I made a small ship after coming back to Starmade, but it's weapons are not working. When I go into each individual computer system, the weapons fire fine. But once I get into my core, none of them work (Cannons, Missiles, and Salvage lasers). They take energy and the cannons play their sound effects, but do not fire any projectiles or do any block damage. Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Are all the weapon computers facing forward? If the computers are facing another direction, the weapon should fire in that direction.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When in the core do you look through a glass block of any kind? If so that's a known issue, your weapons do fire but their beams are invisible because of this.

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    i've had this happen a few times, the first thing I always check now is to zoom out on your ship (Lshift+mousewheel) select the weapon in question, then fire it while checking the different angles in third person using Rshift to rotate around. More often then not, guns are shooting out the sides, because the computer got oriented weird. Replace the computer, re-link your grouped weapons (shift+v helps assign entire groups of blocks to the weapon computer) and profit!

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Also, make sure your computers are linked to your core. Press "C' on the core, and "V" on the primary weapon computer in a P:S:E weapon system.