Weapons and other Stuff

Reaction score
    - I would like to have the Possibility to reposition the Ship Core. (i for example built a giant ship and noticed, that the Core is at a totally dumb spot)

-Weapons always follow your cursor...how about the ability to turn this off, so you can also make cannons that fire a broadside even if you are looking into another direction. this would make ships way more flexible in battles. (maybe a broadside weapons computer or sth like that? Weapons linked to it then just shoot straight forward into the direction the block is facing, instead of following the cursor/ view)

- Laser Beam (ongoing beam that heats up over time):
    -Blocks joined behind each other: +range and + heat capacity
    -Blocks joined at sides: Beam gets Larger but the heat capacity goes down

-Special Block for Laser Beam: Yellow/ Red Prism:
    -placed in front of a Laserblock
    -buffs the Damage of the Laser and changes its Color (normal, green/ middle,Yellow/ Strong, red)

- Jump Engine:
    -Gives you the Ability to Jump to a special Destination that you saved to it before (Home Base for example)

-Signal:
    -Place some of these like Spacestationcores somewhere
    -Ship AI set on "Patrolling" flies from Signal to Signal, patroling a preset route

- When making a docking area bigger i would like to have the possibility to just change it into one direction, so i can make a long but flat or a high but short docking area for example. the way it works right now is pretty close to it ,but when i make it longer it gets longer in both directions not only the one i want.

- Fighter Spawner: Spawns a previously saved blueprint (max sized, so it cant spawn major battleships) as AI friend who automatically attacks Enemies and returns after a special amount of time. When the fighter gets destroyed you need to buy a new "Stack" at the shop, so you cant just spawn one after another. The Spawn area could be like a docking area.

I would really apreciate to see these features become real. Anyways this games already is pretty awesome, and im definetly going to buy it when it is in an more advanced phase of developing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    First off, good to see more players coming to the game. Second, as the new forum doesn't have the backlog of suggestions of exactly these things, I'm not going to ream you out for it. Be happy in knowing that we have an awesome new weapons system coming (cue someone with a link), jump drives are planned, better AI is planned, moving the core is kind of possible with SMEdit.
    The idea for fixed weapons is interesting, and I would like to see Warhammer-style broadsides in the game at some point.

Reactions: NeonSturm and Elit3
    Reaction score
    First off, good to see more players coming to the game. Second, as the new forum doesn't have the backlog of suggestions of exactly these things, I'm not going to ream you out for it. Be happy in knowing that we have an awesome new weapons system coming (cue someone with a link), jump drives are planned, better AI is planned, moving the core is kind of possible with SMEdit.
    The idea for fixed weapons is interesting, and I would like to see Warhammer-style broadsides in the game at some point.

Agreed. I like the idea of fixed weapons, but this is already achievable by using multiple players. As for this,
    - Laser Beam (ongoing beam that heats up over time):
    -Blocks joined behind each other: +range and + heat capacity
    -Blocks joined at sides: Beam gets Larger but the heat capacity goes down
    I think this is a brilliant idea, however, would the larger beam do more damage?

Reaction score
    Agreed. I like the idea of fixed weapons, but this is already achievable by using multiple players. As for this, I think this is a brilliant idea, however, would the larger beam do more damage?
    nope...i would make it that the beam just gets larger( covering more area on the enemy ;) )..for damage you then can place the Prisms in front of it...

Reaction score
    nope...i would make it that the beam just gets larger..for damage you then can place the Prisms in front of it...
    I think there should be a bonus to a wider beam. Otherwise there would be no reason to build them in a base- style.

Reaction score
    I think there should be a bonus to a wider beam. Otherwise there would be no reason to build them in a base- style.
    yea maybe...im just trying to balance it somehow...because when it gets bigger you hit more blocks at the same time, when you also put up the damage it could get over powered ^^

Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Well a wider beam would hit more blocks so a laser with 4 times the hit area (r*r*pi) would deal 4 times as much as a laser 1/4'th the size but spread out over an 4 times larger area

Reactions: CodeBlack