Weapondesign help

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm having problems designing weapons properly.
    First of all the box-systems behaves wierd sometimes, but this may be something for the bug forum.
    What really would help me, is a marker to display me where the weapon will shoot .(Wich block the Laser will come from)
    It could be done using the shoot-fx-circle, similar to the fx on thrusters that display where the thruster block is headed.

Thank you for a great game,
    Krypt0n

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This would be fairly helpful, though ide also like to see the ability to make blocks not automatically become 1 turret when touching. Though that would require overriding the current system which may be difficult, so I don\'t mind much. I mainly just want it so I can make a solid 3x3 mining beam rather than the staggered star pattern.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have noticed that the weapons computer dosen\'t always behave like intended. To fix it and prevent it from getting weird, pick up all Anti-matter blocks and the computer. Then place the computer back where you want it, select it with \"c\" then place all your Anti-matter moduals. After they are placed then deselect the weapons computer before you place any other block so you don\'t get the incompatible error message. I some times wounder if that causes it to freak out and fire all block individualy instead as a unit.

Reaction score
    Maybe this is harder than it sounds, but for the weapons could they be set to not only choose the left-most, then the top-most block to fire from, but the For-most, then left-most, then top-most? This would allow more precise points of fire, without adding extra block types or other likely more difficult fixes

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ya, from where the projectile (antimatter bullet, salvage cannon laser, missiles and whatever else) shoots is a bit random.

But it should not be problematic like what I hear here. To properly money a gun, an array of cannon blocks, you do NOT have to link the Weapons console/other CPU with each cannon block separatedly with V, that will make it see every block as a different gun, what Zyrafyr at post #3 said.
    You have to place the weapons console/other CPU, select it with C (or use the autoselect controller option in the \"Options\" at the main menu) then, while having the console/CPU selected, place the cannons array.

If for some reason a gun is already split in like several guns despite it being a single box of cannons, or that guns you already removed are still shooting and appearing in the weapons list, or other weird stuff, remove all cannon blocks and the weapons console/other CPUs itself, and then start again using the right way, mentioned above :D

Reaction score
    With Antimatter Cannons you can already choose where to output the Shot. Just fly to it in Space suit and Press R to set \"Make Output: ON\"
    I hope to see this Function on Salvage Beams or Missiles Too

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Or it could change so that there are 2 types of blocks: an output and a battery. The output fires the weapon and the battery is the block you stack up to increase power and speed