Weapon Logic Output

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Take a myriad of likes!
    This would make animated weapons and effects a possibility. Plex door gatling animations? Death star beam convergence light effects!
    And of course stuff like multiple different weapon arrays fired with one computer.
    Or weapon computers with 0 modules to activate logic from the core.
    Or... nerdgasm

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Drop an Activation Module next to a weapon computer and it'll light when the weapon fires, and go out when the weapon's reload cycle finishes.

Simple.
    Agreed, then you could set up indicators in-cockpit for when the weapon is reloaded, or do a miriad of effects for when you fire weapons. I would LLOOOOOOOVEE to have something like this for when charge beams get implemented (I think they still are right?) because you could have some really sweet effects when those fire/reload.

I'd say either that or be able to add logic blocks to the hot bar, then you could just set up all your weapons with logic, then use the logic block on the hot bar instead. Either way is fine with me.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    < Massive act of thread necromancy which I am entirely aware of and doing anyways >

This has just become even more relevant with all the rails options now.
    Either this or make hotbar logic transmit the mouse coordinates so you can aim as if you were using a weapons computer directly.

Reactions: Asvarduil
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ah sh**, i was not uware of this thread when i made mine.
    Dumbass.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    < Massive act of thread necromancy which I am entirely aware of and doing anyways >

This has just become even more relevant with all the rails options now.
    Requesting "planned" tag :p
    No. It's not planned, it's already in the Dev, that is beyond planned. I don't think we have a tag for that.

Ah sh**, i was not uware of this thread when i made mine.
    Dumbass.
    This is a very very very old thread, from October. A lot of people would not have noticed this thread.

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This stuff is in the dev pipeline already? I was not aware of this. All hail schema then, as usual.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Nevertheless, I should have done a little better research.
    My addition to weapons would be to add logic to thrusters, jump drive, jammers/cloakers, scaners ( are they able to be logic activated?)

W8 wot m8?
    ADDED YOU SAY?! Glorius is the furry god *bows*
    [DOUBLEPOST=1430393779,1430392529][/DOUBLEPOST]
    No. It's not planned, it's already in the Dev, that is beyond planned. I don't think we have a tag for that.
    You sure, i just went to the dev build and it didnt activate logic?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Thalanor swampstone

A screenshot from the latest Dev Build's block editor. Not sure if it is in shops yet (too lazy to fully open the game), but the item ID is 670 if you'd want to spawn it via command. There is also the 3 other new Logic blocks on the sidebar, if you wanted more logic based hype and didn't already know about it. Functionality might not be 100% yet but meh. Dev build is Dev build for a reason.

Reactions: mrsinister

Thalanor

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Actually I purposefully don't mean that block. It is excellent for launching drones and stuff, but you can't aim with the mouse via hotbar logic.
    That is why it would make sense to also have "the other way around" - player fired weapons giving off a signal.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    CyberTao
    My hype was misplaced. I thought you said that weapons can now activate logic :( pitty. Still a nice job with the rails.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The inner ship remote on the hotbar though is/would still be amazing. You could link a set of weapons to an activator block then the inner ship remote on your hotbar and use that for a " fire all weapons " salvo.... right? or am I missing something?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The inner ship remote on the hotbar though is/would still be amazing. You could link a set of weapons to an activator block then the inner ship remote on your hotbar and use that for a " fire all weapons " salvo.... right? or am I missing something?
    You are missing one crtical feature, you cant AIM with inner ship remote selected since it is not a weapon, therefore you would have to be positioned directly facing your target

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You are missing one crtical feature, you cant AIM with inner ship remote selected since it is not a weapon, therefore you would have to be positioned directly facing your target
    Ahh ok, I was assuming the aim was inherited....well dang, hmmm, i guess it could be good for some multi-missile (spread shot missile) salvos then since you don't have to aim for those ;) lol