Weapon Firing Patterns

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello,

I thought this was a good idea to bring up since I haven't seen it mentioned by someone yet.

I think another good addition to this game would be weapon firing patterns. How they work on a ship is up to the pilot. Maybe there can be an option in the weapons computers to fire a certain pattern that can work with all weapons. It would be easier instead of having multiple weapons computers on a ship. Here are a couple of examples excluding the current all-fire weapon pattern:

1 Shot Fire:
    One weapon group will fire, then the next and so on.

Half Fire:
    Half of the number of weapon groups will fire, and after a brief delay the other half will fire.

These are all I have so far. If anyone can think of others similar to this, I'd like to see them!

Last edited:
    Reactions: NeonSturm
    Reaction score
    Logic systems can do that, no problem (I saw a gatling gun for missiles earlier).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think some of you are misunderstood here, or either I'm misunderstood.

I understand that the logic system can create something like the Gatling missile gun. I was stating that instead of using multiple computers for the same weapon just for delayed firing, it would be easier to hook the same weapons together and use a firing pattern installed in the weapons computer without the logic system.

From what it looked like, the Gatling missile gun had more than one weapon computer.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Right. Each barrel in the gat would have needed its own comp.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    >red, white and blue

MURIKA

But yeah, you can make patterned guns quite easily with some logic magic OP.
    Actually it's red white and blue because of the limitations of gif's ^^' it's really white, red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, blue, purple.

It does have multiple computers, but that's not really an issue. The proportion of weapons to computer's doesn't really have a very noticeable change in the long run, the one real downside to the logic is that it's very difficult to aim because it fires forwards to the ship and not to your mouse.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Rapid Cannons (cannon-cannons) have a reload of less then a delay block's delay.

Firing patters would be quite helpful. I always wanted something like the Goa-uld fighters in StarGate. 2, 2, 2 with a delay of 0.5 seconds and then a few seconds reload.

But all current weapons would suffer dps from this.

Can we have something like: "weapon style", "firing pattern", balance( effect computers, clip size, reload, dps, ... )?

First we need to agree on a way to tell Star-Made what we want.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Here's an idea:

Maybe for each weapon pattern they go until the system recharge.

Ex. A cannon computer has four linked cannons, each module not connected to each other. One cannon will fire, and wait until a quarter of the systems recharge is complete. Then the second cannon will fire, and goes on until the fourth one is complete.

So instead of one click and delayed volleys fired, the computer recharge can be divided into the number of groups. Anyone see where I'm going with this?

Reactions: NeonSturm

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes, your essentially make the cannon-slave redundant :D (but with a second thought: multi-group with 1 pc has an energy penalty)

Maybe number of arrays connected = clip size more shots, less damage each
    Recharge = 1 shot each (normal reload / number arrays) -the arrays with shots left help recharging others, but you have an energy penalty for more than one array per cpu.

Did I get it right? I like it.

But there is still the issue that you can't make a pattern with logic blocks less than 0.5 seconds between shots.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, your essentially make the cannon-slave redundant :D (but with a second thought: multi-group with 1 pc has an energy penalty)

Maybe number of arrays connected = clip size more shots, less damage each
    Recharge = 1 shot each (normal reload / number arrays) -the arrays with shots left help recharging others, but you have an energy penalty for more than one array per cpu.

Did I get it right? I like it.

But there is still the issue that you can't make a pattern with logic blocks less than 0.5 seconds between shots.
    Yeah, I think you got it. :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I got one:

Spit Fire:
    A cannon will fire as many shots it can during a quarter of the computer's recharge, using all its strength.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    hmm, just my 2cents here, but what about adding a new block? a regular block or effect block....when turned on or slaved in the effect slot....

Weapon pattern block = When activated or linked to a weapon computer (depending if its a regular block or effect block), you now have options for firing (if using more than 1 weapon barrel) depending on how many barrels there are.
    ie: all at once, alternating fire clockwise, alternating fire counter clockwise, left than right, right than left, top then bottom, bottom then top, etc, etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    hmm, just my 2cents here, but what about adding a new block? a regular block or effect block....when turned on or slaved in the effect slot....

Weapon pattern block = When activated or linked to a weapon computer (depending if its a regular block or effect block), you now have options for firing (if using more than 1 weapon barrel) depending on how many barrels there are.
    ie: all at once, alternating fire clockwise, alternating fire counter clockwise, left than right, right than left, top then bottom, bottom then top, etc, etc.
    I suppose that isn't a bad idea. I wonder if this makes programming the firing pattern easier for mods...