Weapon Building Question

Reaction score
    Sorry this may be a really dumb question but I'm a bit confused as I am still new to the game. When linking together multiple things when it comes to weapons, but example the cannons. Is there a max amount of how many you can link together before it hard caps the damage of the weapon. With what I have built so far, nothing seem's to be increasing the damage so I'm not sure if I am missing something such as perhaps stacking cannons in a line doesn't increase damage as I thought it did or what.

Once again sorry for the noob question still new to the game.

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    The more weapons in a group the higher the damage per shot (as well as the power consumption) it doesn't matter what shape you put them in in. You can select a specific block to be hte output in buildmode.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Sorry this may be a really dumb question but I'm a bit confused as I am still new to the game. When linking together multiple things when it comes to weapons, but example the cannons. Is there a max amount of how many you can link together before it hard caps the damage of the weapon. With what I have built so far, nothing seem's to be increasing the damage so I'm not sure if I am missing something such as perhaps stacking cannons in a line doesn't increase damage as I thought it did or what.

Once again sorry for the noob question still new to the game.

There are no hard caps, the larger the group, REGARDLESS OF SHAPE the, higher the damage.

A 1500 block circle does as much damage as a 1500 block cube or 1500 block stick.

So it is possible to make a 900 million damage missile... practical? That's another question :p

Reaction score
    So the dimensions don't really matter as long as the grouping itself contains a large number?

Olxinos

French fry. Caution: very salty!
    Reaction score
    So the dimensions don't really matter as long as the grouping itself contains a large number?
    Dimensions doesn't matter, only the number of modules (and whether the master modules are adjacent or not) matter. The damage and power consumption scales linearly with the number of modules (for instance, 4 cannon barrels = 40 damage per shot; 5 cannon barrels = 50 damage per shot and so on), of course the damage per shot, power consumption per shot, reload... also depend on the weapon type (i.e. the combination of master/slave/tertiary along with the slave and tertiary ratios you're using)

Also note that having more slave modules than master modules is useless (the same goes for tertiary effects). For instance a 10/20 cannon/beam weapon will deal the same damage as a 10/10 cannon/beam.

You can toy with the spreadsheet in my signature to get a better grasp of starmade weapons.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    You will need to add Punch-through as a slaved system to the main cannon computer, to get shots to pass damage deeper into the target structure, after the initial impact area is destroyed.

Reaction score
    If you have the time build a few practice weapons systems and see what happens, and what you find to your liking.

Once you figure out what you like you can then work on building bigger and better.

Also as you are new Check out how to build reactors as I did not know how this worked at first but once I did my ships got better.

Reaction score
    The Gmodism channel on youtube has a really good tutorial/experiment video :)