Warp Drive Autopilot!

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    BOOM
    Well, you asked for it, and there it is. Your own personal Logic Core awaits you!
    The one complaint I would have from a cursory glance at the CC page for that is the drone name system. From a user input perspective, some people may not know why that's necessary, or will fail to do it anyways. It would be better to copy the users input onto a second display module hidden to the user, and use the command [replacefirst][with][add][add] to make the system work.

Reaction score
    • Wiki Contributor
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    An improvement I'd recommend to the jump drive system is that, regardless of input, it should try to make sure all drives are charged to the threshold, and then push the selected number of drives past that threshold to jumping. Standard chaindrives work because the drives continously charge when not jumping, and although this isn't a standard chaindrive, the point stands, in that keeping the drives ready at the threshold will reduce total charge time when a command is issued.

Reaction score
    The one complaint I would have from a cursory glance at the CC page for that is the drone name system. From a user input perspective, some people may not know why that's necessary, or will fail to do it anyways. It would be better to copy the users input onto a second display module hidden to the user, and use the command [replacefirst][with][add][add] to make the system work.
    Ooh! That would work. I will likely do exactly that. Thanks for the tip!
    [doublepost=1486902132,1486902024][/doublepost]
    An improvement I'd recommend to the jump drive system is that, regardless of input, it should try to make sure all drives are charged to the threshold, and then push the selected number of drives past that threshold to jumping. Standard chaindrives work because the drives continously charge when not jumping, and although this isn't a standard chaindrive, the point stands, in that keeping the drives ready at the threshold will reduce total charge time when a command is issued.
    You can set it up to bypass the cell tumbler and have a normal (fully automatic) chain drive. Just use the 'Emergency Warp' ISR.

Reaction score
    I have to thank you for that idea. Not only did it make my system more user friendly, it actually cut down on the number of blocks required for the system altogether.

This now all fits nicely into one panel, requires no reset buttons, and no special formatting. Just type out the name/command and hit the button. Done. Your suggestion also inspired some experiments that lead me to a method whereby I can use one set of RegEx displays to process multiple input sources, and direct the output to the correct location. VERY handy for trimming down the system. Thank you :)