Warhead Launcher System

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Trying to create a super simple warhead launcher and need some help starmade-screenshot-0055.png needless to say this is what I've got so far. Basically the general idea is to send them down one at a time into a launch position and than have the warhead in place waiting for a fire command. Also wanting to be able to load or reload these things mostly safely so when the launch mode is off it should make it so the things don't launch on their own or try to move.

Attachments

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Warhead Launchers? Now you're speaking my language. Have a look at these. They are older models (before shoot-out) rails but the concept is the same. They might get you off to a good start.

10x Launcher

25x Launcher

Edit: Both models have a load/fire button, a reverse (jam clear) button and an automatic anti-jam function that prevents 2 or more warheads from being on the launch point at the same time. The 25x has "instructions" on it. Be sure to read them for proper use.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I'll take a look at those, changing them up to use the new rails should be easy enough. Guessing they already have a built in Safe Loading System? I'm imagining using pickup rails and pickup points would make them even safer. :)

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'll take a look at those, changing them up to use the new rails should be easy enough. Guessing they already have a built in Safe Loading System? I'm imagining using pickup rails and pickup points would make them even safer. :)
    Safer? You can try but They're already pretty safe. The 10x is basically a torpedo magazine, that slides into a launch bay like this.
    Torpedo Cruiser2.jpg Torpedo Magazine3.jpg
    It should be easy to install and upgrade to shoot-out rails.

If you follow the "instructions" on the 25x, it is VERY hard to jam or misfire these things. There is even a locking mechanism that keeps a blast door over the launch bay and locks the rails so the torpedoes can't move with it closed. When you "ARM" the system, the door opens and the bay loads a torpedo. I don't see a need for pickup rails but shoot-out rails could be added; provided you leave a hole for the torpedo to exit. I'd even recommend Shoot-out rails as they position the torpedo farther away from the launcher before releasing it.