Bug Wall of Pentas and Tetras create a triangular checkerboard

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Is anyone else having this same issue? Is there a specific resolution? Based on screenshots, this does not appear to be common to all systems.

I searched for other threads and other bugs on this issue, and didn't find anything that addressed this particular problem.

I opened Bug 1087 for this issue.

http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/1087

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    if you check the "mirrored" alignment you will find parallelograms. It appears that from 2 angles it's triangles, and 2 angles is truncated squares for the pattern. Noticed it myself not too long ago, just decided to use complementary tetra colors (brown&orange) on my ship to make it stand out instead of trying to "hide" it.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Thanks, guys. It's a relief that it might be a valid bug and that I'm not just doing something stupid to cause it.

@DrTarDIS : Got a screenshot to illustrate? I'd like to see how you made it work for you.

@Thadius Faran : Got a screenshot of how bad it used to be? It might make me feel better if I can compare it to when it was REALLY bad! :p

Reaction score
    yes same thing happens to me with solid blocks. also i get some serious transparency issues with glass. ESPECIALLY when using tetras and pentas.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Only happens to me with corners, but I'm quite sure the lighting isn't done with them, so it might not be related.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    this was been in the game for a while this bug. I made the front of a ship smooth with tetras and pentas, one side of it was normal and the other was like that