violently explosive Spacecrafts via new block synergies.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I played the game for a while now and I'm already in love with it, though it's still missing a lot most of what I miss has already been suggested or is already in the making, with the exception of one thing. Violently exploding Spaceships that go KABLAM once certain system get destroyed.

But I also now that some people don't like the idea of having a chane of their ship getting turned into space fireworks every time some pirate turns up so I thought of a rather nice way to serve both kind of players without any server-option restriction that enforces one way or another.

The Idea came when I experimented with the impact explosive block, what I thought was... why not have a block (or a set of blocktypes specific to certain subsystems) that boosts certain system blocks more than putting them next to another block of the type, saving weight and space when desiging the ship, but in return will explode when taking a certain amount of damage.

This way we can have highly explosive reactor cores, munition storages and engines without forcing them on everybody but giving players a real reason to go pick the more dangerous route.

So does this Idea only sound nice in my head or is it worth looking into?

Reaction score
    that sounds great, like a turbo charge perk at the price of asplosuns. but as it is we already have a block that will blow up the whole ship when its hit: the core

personally i dont think the core should determine the integrity of the entire ship, it seems stupid that for example you have a giant battleship and somebody comes along with enough fire power to peirce your shield and they just shoot one little spot until they hit your core and then boom, the whole million block ship is toast.

the perk thing you suggest i like though, like if they get hit they explode like a missile and put a big hole in your ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like this idea. I could see some players building extremely powerful ships which were covered in these blocks, and the players counting on being able to destroy the enemy before one of these blocks could be touched.

And I agree, the core shouldn\'t determine the integrity of the ship, just whether it can be piloted or not, and also granting a small amount of energy and energy storage. In addition, if the core being destroyed didn\'t immediately remove the rest of the ship, it would leave some very interesting wreckage free-floating in space, that might still have the potential to fire weapons (if the weapons systems, correct weapons computers, generators and energy storage blocks survived the destruction) and looking very cool.

Anyway, back to the original idea: I like it. You could also just tone down the explosions a bit on the systems, so that they only have the potential to destroy blocks within a radius of 2 (and only a chance-small chain reactions that take out part of the system could still happen, but chances are it will remain functional for a while.