Various Aesthetic Blocks v1.0

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello!

So, I totally got a tad bored wandering around my ship with no interior... So I made some stuff!

Now: The Bed only works one way at this stage, and cannot be stacked to make bunks unfortunately.

This pack also contains a Fridge, Oven, Two Vending Machines, Medical Devices, Chest of Drawers and a few different computer modules

Download Here!

Simply download the .rar, and extract into your data folder. Remember to keep a back up!

You will also be required to reset your universe if using single player so that they new blocks can be loaded correctly, So back up those worlds and ships!

This pack will be updated and altered as I see the need, or get requests -
    So make them below.

Enjoy!

Cmdr Tesla.

Reaction score
    Great job, I wish schema integrate your job in the game.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yay, it\'s released :) I\'ll test it and give you some feedback.

Edit: Well. This mod is great. :D Sadly, the wires are not usable in every position, but that\'s no real problem. You just have to build bigger ships. And the interieur has to be grey, so you can use these blocks. Can\'t write more, gotta get myself a space coke x)

Oh, one more question: What happens if I upload a ship with these blocks, and someone tries to load it into his game?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have no idea about the uploading of ships unfortunately - I\'d assume the player would get some kind of error as their game wouldn\'t recognise the blocks.

As for the wires This is something I noticed whilst testing - and I do intend on altering it so that the wires are located through the middle of the block.

The reason they\'re all grey is because originally I didn\'t intend on releasing this pack so when I make ships the interiors are generally grey.. Sorry!

Reaction score
    So is this a mod or texture pack? im so used to minecraft...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay, So It\'s kind of a bit of both.

Starmade, whilst similar to minecraft has texture packs it also comes with a blank texture sheet, I presume, so that people can DIY thier own stuff.

In order to do this, one must add block IDs to the config and such, the whole process is reasonably simple, and Instal is even easier:

Just extract the .rar into your Starmade/data folder and click \'yes\' to overwriting files.

Please be aware: If you do have a texture pack installed this pack will NOT match as it is based on the default Textures

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    No need to excuse :) I really love your mod! Was just asking how it works with other players, need to test it on a server. And the grey blocks are quite good, cause you can see them good enough for interieur. White blocks are really bright while black blocks are too dark. And I don\'t like colours for interieur ;)

Keep the good work up !

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    My only complaint is that I can\'t bring them into multiplayer, but I understand it\'s a server-side issue. Everything looks so damned spiffy, the vents are my personal favourite. I am also quite fond of the larger four part monitor. Theoretically, how hard would it be to have one of those monitors display actual ship information? Nothing that isn\'t already present in the build screen, like shield cap/regen or maybe even more simply the current status of your shield?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Update to pack is coming soon!

Current New Inclusions: Cryopods: Security Camera, Emergency Light/beacon, Scaffolding blocks (Both Grey & Yellow).

Planned Inclusions: Tactical Table (hopefully will be rotatable to work as a screen also), Security monitors.

Planned Changes: Electrical Cables - these will be centred to create more usable and viable options.

I\'d love your input also! let me know what you want, what you think could be better or changed!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, so this update didn\'t happen - Laptop died, and I\'m yet to be able to get old files off the old laptop, that was like 6 months ago.. but It appears that someone else has done something similar Universal Spaceship Engineering have come up with something along the same lines!