[Update - 7/6/2013] A bunch of Sugestions (More to come) (Me and my Friend's Suggestions)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    These are some of the suggestions that I could think of they are not very detailed but if you need me to elaborate on any of them just tell me.

1. More detailed tooltip when hovering and Shift
    2. 3D item drops
    3. Shift click for moving items to and from chest/inventory
    4. Smaller Icons in Inventory for less scrolling
    5. Inverted hull corner blocks
    6. Also Corner blocks that have a triangular bottom instead of a square one
    7. Better lighting because the light doesn't light up as well and is very dark
    8. Factories have a crafting GUI
    9. Make the speeds of the ships go the amount of thrusters on the ship as long as there is enough power.
    10. Better player models / or at least make it easier to texture them
    11. Texture packs
    12. Hand held mining laser
    13. Plus a few (or more) tools
    14. If you add something like a drill can you remove the right clicking to remove a block outside of build mode
    15. Change the direction you will dock and the direction you face out of the cockpit
    16. Renaming of Stations and ships
    17. Factory Upgrades
    18. Ship repair beams
    19. Bunker buster missiles actually destroy the blocks on default settings
    20. Fix lifts so they work
    21. Make a side editor so you can edit files externally like NBT edit for Minecraft
    22. Furniture like tables, chairs, beds, Banners (customize it with a faction's logo), Lamps, Stairs (for non lifts)
    23. Food ^^^ Refrigerator for it.
    24. Factions logo
    25. SYFIsamurai: Doctor Who Easter Egg
    26. -------- NEW SUGGESTIONS --------
    27. new player model with non blured texture like now and with more of a blocky texture but not really like minecraft but with angled planes.
    28. Enities for pirates and traiding guild with hand held weapons and such
    29. animals on planets and npc's
    30. Falling Sand only when gravity is present
    31. A way to make the corner and the wedge blocks into harden hull versions and to make them into full hull blocks of each version

More to come I will be posting some of my friend's ideas.

I do not know if any of these are duplicates so if they are just tell me and I will remove or modify them...

Reaction score
    3: Space stations CAN have force fields already..

9: This build block teleport thing, it only happens on space stations, I found through experience you get out near the same build block if on a planet. I know because I have two build blocks on my homeworld, the top base one gets me out near that, and the underground one drops me out by it.

12: Cloaking DOES make you invisible, just it drains way too fast.

15: We already have explosives, and I much prefer they don\'t drop items, as what\'s the point? Salvage beams would still last longer, and cost less because of that, regardless of their radius. Plus, the game\'s combat (if this is what you\'re thinking of and not mining bombs), is around lasers and missiles, not getting a skin of a middle-eastern, jumping in the enemy\'s ship and bombing it from inside.

19: You already can change the way a cockpit/docking module faces, easily. In build mode, hold control.

21: So.. you just want a portable storage bag. I find this game doesn\'t even HAVE enough items to warrant the need of containers much.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Um...

21 was about like a tool that picks it up and into your inventory but doesn\'t get rid of the items inside

18 was to make the view change because I know about control and it only makes me face the way that the ship faces.

12 oh ok I never really could tell that the cloaking makes you invisible

Reaction score
    12: yeah, I kinda agree. I thought it for a while til I had a friend watch me to see for sure.

21: Please leave ZERO parts of your suggestion out, you just said to pick it up, and it would have all the items, you had NO mention of a tool.

19: Hm, I thought rotating the cockpit changed it. I just tested. I guess that one is valid.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    3D item drops - this will use up resources that could be better utilised, in minecraft doesnt seem to be an issue

Smaller Icons in Inventory for less scrolling - and larger viewing port/box thingy

Inverted hull corner blocks - YES

Also Corner blocks that have a triangular bottom instead of a square one - YES

Better lighting because the light doesn\'t light up as well and is very dark - Use more lights, or better placment, space IS dark

Build block fix for getting out of build mode and getting in because they warp you to another area when you get out and in near the build block and kind of gets annoying - Your block does not have enough space around it for you to spawn, this is not a bug, it is a user build issue

Make the speeds of the ships go the amount of thrusters on the ship as long as there is enough power - the server limits the speed of your ship, not he game , as follows

C:\\Users\\User\\Downloads\\StarMade\\Server.cfg THRUST_SPEED_LIMIT = 50 //How fast ships, etc. may go in km/h. Too high values may induce physics tunneling effects

Texture packs - 3 have been updated, yes i would like beter textures, BUT I think prioritising bugs and fixes, and economy is more inportant

[NEW] Ship repair beams - This is ALREADY INGAME