Undocking Logic - Turrets don't work

Reaction score
    Need some help:
    When I dock a turret to a turret axis, with an adjacent activation module, the activation module "turns on", but when I undock said turret, the activation module remains on, and won't turn off. I have no problems with normal rails. Is this a known bug, expected behaviour, or just me?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Ok right now here is the way it works sadly....

You only get a signal when docking and that is all.. it is a bug.. but at this time there is no way to trully find out if you loose a turret other than looking at it:( At least i have not found a way to note if one get disconnected... OR you dock a ship with a Turret docking to your ship.. but there is not a sure thing that that will all fall off or you can "eject" your turrets that way...

Ideas either way... you can Msg me in pm if you want to see some ideas..

Reaction score
    It is possible to use an area trigger to find out wheter you lost the Turret or not.
    The trigger needs to be as near as possible to the turret docking Rail. It would be best to put the trigger on top of the Rail, but that results in a little bit more work, because you might have to reset the Logic (which is pushing one button if you stay simple).

Why it works? Area Trigger don't detect objects docked to the same entity. You lose the turret, not your entity anymore, and the trigger triggers and sets an Flip Flop to off. By using an AND modul, you can lock the Flip Flop in off state and prevent it to get turnt on by debris or other things.

If you want a picture for demonstration, just tell me.

Reaction score
    I think I get it, just from your description. Thanks for that, I don't know that I would have come up with such an elegant solution. cheers.