Understanding the Weapons Update

Reaction score
    I read all about what was going into this update whenever the information came out. Sounded very interesting, and not too complex. When the release came out, all the information provided was the same as what I already knew. Looks very simple, but I was completely wrong.

I had a ship with one weapon computer, 4 sets (all of them equal), between 600 and 700 AMCs total. I decided to convert it to the new system trying rapid-fire AMCs.

I decided to try it out before the changes to see if it changed by default. Where I was previously shooting very rapid shots at somewhere around 300 each with plenty of extra power, I am now firing over 1500 damage but significantly slower, seems to be a definite DPS loss, but that was because only one set was firing, since it completely drained my power. Power was enough of ship percentages already.

I removed all the AMCs, replaced to of the sets on one computer, and the other two on a second. Only thing changing was adding another computer, which gets half of the AMCs.

The result? The exact same fire rate. Less damage. Doing over 1000 this time, about 500 loss. Only one of the now 2 sets fires, and completely drains power; the power loss was not less than 100%. Essentially, adding a rapid fire simply game me less damage, no increased fire rate.

The update states "So if you connect a Weapon Computer with 100 AMC to a master Weapon Computer with 200 AMC, you get just 50% of the reload buff, but also only 50% of the damage nerf." It is worth mentioning that with a 1:1 ratio, I get 54% support, which makes absolutely no sense, even if the fact that the sets were still split for both changed anything.

Can we get some actual information from the developer on how this works? It looked so simple, but is making no sense to me. How exactly does the support percentage work? How am I getting 54% with a 1:1 ratio? Why does that not give me any fire rate increase?

I don't even understand the percentage example quoted above. Say you fired 100 shots/s at 100 dam/shot. Then the 50% faster speed and 50% lower damage gives 150 shots/s at 50 dam/shot. You go from 10000 dam/s to 7500 dam/s. Much less. There needs to be explanation on this stuff, because it seems to be very poorly done.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I agree, explanations and formulas for the weapon effects would be useful. and I personally would also like to know how to activate the mentioned "Defensive" counterparts of the effects.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I agree, and I personally would also like to know how to activate the mentioned "Defensive" counterparts of the effects.
    To use defensive don't connect the effect to a weapon pc and put it on your hotbar and activate it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Nope, they dont have a cooldown.
    Just activate them and you are done