Unable to Enter Build Mode

Reaction score
    I am new to the game. I logged in and followed the tutorial for making a ship.

I then created my own ship and completely enclosed the ship core to keep it protected.

I exited build mode to go buy some more blocks from the shop and now I cannot enter build mode again.

My core is completely encased. I did that to protect it, but now I cannot reach it to go into build mode. I have tried everything I could find in the tutorial and from what I learned watching several youtube videos. Nothing covers this situation. I have aimed directly at the reticle, but no matter the angle or how many times I hit R I cannot reach the core to enter it.

It is also strange that right now I can still place blocks (no build grid is shown), and I cannot remove them once placed.

When building a ship do I need to make sure I can reach the core, or is there some command I am missing?

If this is working as intended then the tutorial needs to be updated to ensure new players don't repeat this. A simple statement "Protect your core but make sure you can access it" would help.

Thanks

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    For starters the core is not meant to be totally encased, clear out a side of blocks.

Also select and empty slot and right click on blocks to remove them outside of build mode.

Also yes the core does need to be accessible on at least one side.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    When building a ship do I need to make sure I can reach the core,
    yup
    odd that you can't right-click to remove blocks, make sure you have an empty slot selected in hotbar(atleast make sure not a "gun" selected) and try cutting, that prob fix the no-delete thing. if it does not fix it there'sa workaround:
    -place a BASIC RAIL with the ">>" part facing outwards
    -make a new core, get in that one,
    -place a "rail docker" somewhere on it
    -hit "g"(default keybind for weapons menue) and set the rail docker to something
    -shoot yer rail on the ship you want into with the rail docker beam, till you dock to it
    -press "down" arrow key
    -you should now be back inside you main ship core. give yourself an access way to get at it.