UI Redesign

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I know this seems superficial, but the UI needs a serious overhaul. Functionally and aesthetically it is everything a UI shouldn't be. I recommend a less intrusive and more minimalistic approach. Please take this into serious consideration, right now it unacceptible.

Sincerely, a concerned dedicant.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Pixelboy, on one of the forums, has a minimalist UI that you can download. I\'ve based mine off his. Mine\'s included in the texture pack found through my signature.

Reaction score
    Minimalism isn\'t always the best solution as your post shows us. You should maybe specify WHAT on it you actually don\'t like as a completely new UI isn\'t a solution and schema won\'t do that just because of ONE user saying he (however) doesn\'t like the current one. I suggest: take a few screenshots, mark the parts you don\'t like and don\'t forget to also explain WHY ;)

Reaction score
    I can\'t give any specifications or time estimates, but we are aware the GUI and general UI aren\'t really up to par and plan to redesign the UI when we can. The game has evolved quite a bit since the initial GUI design.

We will aim to make the UI / GUI highly customizable to fit each player\'s individual needs. The arrangement and organization of everything will also be revisited with the aim of making sure necessary information is easy to keep track of even in complex and overwhelming situations, and the most used parts of the interface are easy to access quickly while those used less frequently aren\'t hard to find. In other words, we hope to provide you with a UI that is intuitive, highly configurable and doesn\'t get in the way of playing the game. :)

Anyone can feel free to post suggestions for the future user interface in this thread. Feel free to comment on specific wants or problems, or feel free to just point at a game and say \"That game did it best\". (And if you want, explain why.) Feedback and input is always welcome.