Recognized UI Quick-filter change for factory production picker

Reaction score
    Given how much I enter a factory and change its production item, and fighting the UI that is in that picker window... I just have to speak up against it with a better idea proposal. I guess everyone plays in creative mode, and never USES a factory? Anyhow...

For the navigation window, we have a nice quick-filter:

Also for changing the pull-items for a cargo block...

However for a factory to pick a new production item... we have this awkward thing which is clumsy to use, and more clicks and reduced visual space than it needs to be. The worst part of it, is having to type your quick search letters, THEN click open this menu of items, which is short as well. Doing this as many times as I do with my production factory setup, is a big pain every time I go into this window.

So my suggestion is thus:

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Those are some nice mock ups.

I want to throw in that the find/replace filter in advanced build mode also works this way, and could use a change.

Reaction score
    UI is kind of a touchy spot for me so I can get critical.

Its important to know that even though something may seem like 'oh its just two more clicks, whats the big deal'... when you compound that over the entire length of gameplay, and couple it with possible other needless UI quirks, it can ebb away at the general experience without actually making itself known.

Kind of like a stray hair stuck in your shirt after visiting the barber. Its there driving you crazy, but you probably don't realize it.

I'm just trying to pinpoint one that really gets my goat ;)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Brilliant suggestion. Forwarded straight to bench so that he can take this into account as we take a look at user experience.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Fixit. Fixit. Fixit. Fixit Fixit. ;):D