Two-Step verification

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

I think that a good security feature would be one that would allow two-step verification to be used when uplinking or signing into StarMade. Two-step verification being once you have put your username and password in it would send something like a 6 digit random pass code to your phone which you would then use to sign-in/uplink.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Um, and how much, do you suppose, this will cost? Automatically sending an e-mail with the passcode is easy, but to one's phone?
    Also, as long as the length of a password isn't limited, passwords are really safe if one changes them frequently.
    Also, how to make sure the phone-number(which is very personal data) isn't given away(willingly or unwillingly) to 3rd parties?

I say: "No thanks!"
    Thus, never enforce this(unlike google does)

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Why is this necessary at all for StarMade?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Problem detected! I don't even own a phone! Considering buying one, but that's not my point here.
    You cant expect everyone to have some 3rd party tech (I say 3rd party cause Starmade in no way provides or uses said device, probably the wrong word but merp) in order to play. And making it optional sorta defeats the point of it (The current system is only to make sure no one uses your currently claimed names on a server really).

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Two-step verification is absolutely pointless at this time. The reason that large providers like Google, Blizzard, and other major figures use it is because they're such massive targets for fraud and password compromise. They can also afford this service.

Why do people think that such invasive and convoluted security features are desirable? They're just a massive pain in the ass.