Turrets using weapons on ship

Reaction score
    A lot of sci-fi ships out there, like the star destroyer and basically every single EVE online ship, uses turrets as it's main weapons. Now a lot of turrets actually keep their arrays of energy and power below deck, but the way turrets are designed in Starmade, it is basically impossible to do that.

So I suggest the ability to edit turret blocks while in build mode of the main ship, just like how you can place blocks on different entities while in astronaut mode. You simply select a AMC block on the turret, then connect to another array of blocks on your ship. Now your ship cannot control that array, and the turret will be more powerful.

Will that be OP? I don't think so, because just remember that most turrets are smaller than ships, and they do not have a lot of shields, therefore making them easier to disable. Plus they can't shoot at certain angles.

Thanks and leave your opinions below, please :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Has been suggested before already, and has been favorably agreed on as good

Reaction score
    I apologize, for if it has been suggested, I could not find the thread before making this one.

Reaction score
    This could lead to really strong turrets that don\'t need expansion modules?

Hypothetically you only need one AMC block on it which would make a smaller target, and let you put more shields on it, at cost of adding mass to your actual ship.

Reaction score
    Well we have really strong giant turrets on tiny ships, so I don\'t see why we can\'t have this.

Also there could be a penalty system.

Reaction score
    I\'d have thought it\'d make more sense for turrets to share shields with the main ship while keeping all of the AMCs inside the actual turret.