Turrets not working

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Does anyone still have problems with turrets not working properly? Mine stop rotating after they kill a target and won't move to another one. About 50% of the time when they stop rotating they still fire as if they were. It's very weird.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Ive been getting weird turret issues since the new system was released such as what you mentioned as well as not seeing any shield sharing.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Most turrets made after the patch are acting strange. In some cases they hardly aim anywhere near their targets before shooting. o_O

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have a destroyer with single-axis heavy turrets that are very effective (perhaps largely because they have the magical power to shoot sideways). But I recently put the exact same turrets on a new ship I am working on, and they just tracked a target and fired once then stopped moving. In fact, all of the turrets on that new ship are doing that. But when I load in the old destroyer, it works perfectly with all of its turrets tracking and firing as expected.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I've been working on turrets recently for a pet project, and they all derp out on tracking and firing. Regardless of turret size, or number of mass enhancers on my ship, the bobbys on the turret gun will track the target for a bit, then wig out and either freeze or point in a random other direction.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I just did a shakedown cruise of my new destroyer against some pirate fleets last night. 8 cannon turrets, 6 missile turrets with cannon backups, and a large ball turret beam.

Headed into combat, everything was firing off like gangbusters. Then a minute or so in, everything just kind of... stopped. Had multiple Isanths flying around me, but only a couple of the turrets actually seemed to be firing, and even then only intermittently. I could see them moving, but they didn't seem to be firing at anything.

Tried resetting the turrets, nothing. After I cleared the field down to just three isanths, they started working again.

Its like they were paralyzed from too many choices.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    Was working on a mining turret and using a normal Beam/Cannon combo to aim it and the beam fires off sometimes in 90 degree angles from where the turret is facing. o_O

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    Damit ! Spacial Chaos Physics strikes again !!!

Luckily I have not been messing with turrets lately and haven't noticed these issues. Hope it gets a patch soon.

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yeah, I just did a shakedown cruise of my new destroyer against some pirate fleets last night. 8 cannon turrets, 6 missile turrets with cannon backups, and a large ball turret beam.

Headed into combat, everything was firing off like gangbusters. Then a minute or so in, everything just kind of... stopped. Had multiple Isanths flying around me, but only a couple of the turrets actually seemed to be firing, and even then only intermittently. I could see them moving, but they didn't seem to be firing at anything.

Tried resetting the turrets, nothing. After I cleared the field down to just three isanths, they started working again.

Its like they were paralyzed from too many choices.
    Huh, and last night they worked fine. Weird.