Turrets Move and Target but Do Not Fire

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I've encountered nearly half a dozen bugs with my short stint in turret building, both turrets for bases and for ships. Before anyone asks, yes, I've:

- Onlined a Faction Module on both the Base/Ship + Turret

- Placed the Bobby AI Mod adjacent to the Ship Core + Weapons Computer

- Turned the AI Module ON

In my latest test, I made a turret boat with 8 turrets and went to a nearby pirate base. Half of the turrets were set to target ships and the other half to target turrets. When I got in range (900m)... none of the turrets budged. They did not attempt to track or fire. So I hopped out, went to each and every turret, and restarted them (unchecked - checked On). This got them to spaz into life, although the process was slow and tedious. However, they still were NOT shooting -tracking, yes, but not shooting - at the pirates which were completely in range. Not only that, they slowly started to "die off". Over the next minute or so, a bunch of the turrets stopped twitching and tracking the enemies. Is there some sort of AI limit I am hitting, or what is going on?

In a previous test, the very first turrets I made I attached to my faction's home base. I added 3 to the surface, and would have added more to the top + bottom but I could only ever convince one turret at a time to come to life to repel pirates. It's like they just give up after a while. Is there something really obvious I am missing here? Please tell me I'm just stupid and I can do X and Y to get them all to work perfectly. As I see it now, though, my plans for domination have come to a screeching halt. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    , they dont \"target\" ships OR turrets, they target both, that sets what the bobby is controlling, a turret or a ship.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I appreciate you for trying to clarify that, but it doesn\'t make sense in the context of what I\'ve tried. The turrets I have on my home base were set to \'Ship\' - why then did only one of them work when they all have identical settings? And in reply to your next comment, yes, I have them set to target \'Any\' and not just my selected target.