Turrets In 0.19289 [figured out]

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I have some turrets on a ship I made in 0.19289 and they wouldn't fire at enemies (AI module was turned on, set to Turret mode, and aiming at Any.) I tried placing AI modules on both joins of each turret (after only having one on the barrel didn't work) and they still don't work right! Any tips, I was able to get turrets working two updates or so ago when rails got introduced. :oops:

Note: Do I need to have the AI module right beside the core? Because I remember hearing something about that a year ago, it dunno if it was a rumor though. :P

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You only need it on the barrel, make sure the turret isnt blocked on movement, especially around the axis block. Also make sure the axieses are on different planes, so one horizontal and one vertical.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    You only need it on the barrel, make sure the turret isnt blocked on movement, especially around the axis block. Also make sure the axieses are on different planes, so one horizontal and one vertical.
    Think I need to maybe restrict where it can go a bit? It might be getting confused with the wedges that the barrel could hit, but I have no idea how the code works. :P

Note that the AI isn't moving the turret at all. It's like it's turned off.

TheOmega

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Take manual control of it and see if you can move it.

TheOmega

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Then put the AI in the barrel ONLY, activate it to fire at missiles, and shoot a missle.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Got it working! I moved the vertical axis turret dock so that it was on the same horizontal plane as the horizontal axi turret dock and it works fine now. I have no idea what I just did or how it fixed it. xP

And thanks for the help, I learned a trick or two for making my turrets less glitchy! :D