Turret "sight"

Reaction score
    Hi Folks,

I have a small question regarding turrets and under what conditions they aim and shot at a target

In other words: I have a turret. Does he need a straight "line of sight" to its target? And if yes: is it measures from the "Barrels" core, AI or weapon Computer to the target?

I intend to build a low profile turret which is deeply integrated into the ship hull, and my plan only works if the turret aims through my ship. ;)

The fired rockets are lock on and do not fly straight to the target. Instead they are fired "Overhead" and fly a curve.

Thank you :)

Tunk

Who's idea was this?
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Bobby doesn't really have vision, more of a detection radius (find target) and firing cone (is target in front of me?).
    Both ignore any obstructions in the way.

Keep in mind docked entities can hit their parents.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The bobby AI will attempt to rotate the weapon on available turret axis's to put a target within a couple of degrees of the front direction of the turret part with the bobby AI. If it doesn't manage to line up on the target it won't fire.

It doesn't require line of sight to fire.

As long as it lines up it will focus fire all available weapons at the a single lead target point with a random probability around that (its not perfect accurate but it will lead the target), regardless of what is in the way. While it won't hurt your ship if it hits your ship, it will won't care what else is in the way either. (friends, shops, asteroids, planets etc...)

It will hold the trigger down on all weapons. It won't care if the entire ship is in power drained mode it will still try to continue to fire draining any available power.