Turret Problems

Reaction score
    I'm not sure if these are things that have been addressed before. Or if there's a fix for them.

1. I've got a fairly large turret I'm trying to attach to a ship. The turret docking area is large enough for it. However, when i try to dock it it says the area is too small. So I zoom out as I try and see the blue area its indicating. Its clipping into the ship, perpendicular to the turret docking area. So, despite having a large enough size, it only wants to dock if the dimensions of the area are in a certain area.

2. So with above, I make another turret docking area on another side of the ship. I'm able to dock it after enlarging the initial area because, hey, it decides it wants to dock 90 degrees to the side of the area i had made. Ok so i do, dock the turret, and then switch to the main ship using the up key. Go into build mode to look at the turret and guess what? Its now clipping sideways into the ship. The range of motion has become limited. Undocking and docking it again doesn't fix it, it clips right back into the ship.