Turret dock left-right orientation is bugged

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So i'm noticing that, in advanced build mode, the red face of the turret dock is opposite for left and right, meaning that the red face is opposite of the correct side the green box will come out of.

Furthermore, assuming this is a related bug, every time I log back in to the game, any turret that is placed on the side of a ship (with a left or right oriented docking block) has inverted itself and has become embedded in in the hull as if it was oriented in the opposite direction. This is easily fixed by entering the turrets core, after which it reorients itself correctly to the outside of the ship, but then I have to reactivate the AI module, and subsequently repeat the process for ALL of the side-facing turrets on all of my ships!

Please fix, thanks!

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Please somebody figure this one out, I\'ve done everything, even newly created ships post patch don\'t work properly...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Also, I have a ship with turrets on al 4 sides.

When I create the ship and place the turrets they place correctly...

Then I log out and restart the game... and the turrets on the \'sides\' of the ship appear inverted and clipped into the hull.

They are still in the correct position. just inverted.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Recently I was building a ship, and placing turrets on the sides - I noted that the turret dock unit had the docking area facing the opposite direction from the highlighted facing, so that if I turned the highlighted side out, the turret dock would be inside the ship....

I flipped the docks of course.

And there was no issue with the horizontal turret docks, just the vertical ones...

Reaction score
    without turrets most big ships are relatively defenseless against pirates and small to medium spacecraft.

and i\'m working on a ship with modular armor(which also works as turrets) which relys on big, side-mounted turrets.

fix please! :)

Reaction score
    Just as a head\'s up. While the turrets are inverted, this is an easy problem to fix within the game until the bug is resolved:

Pop into your ship core and hit the up arrow to cycle through your turrets and mounts. Once you pop into them, they\'ll right themselves.

This doesn\'t fix ships docked on bugged left/right facing docking modules, though.