Turret destroyed while manually controlling it

Reaction score
    What will happen if a turret is destroyed when you are manually controlling it after you switched from the ship's core to the turret? Will you die because you were in the turret, even though you really just entered from the main ship and switched to a turret?

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When you switch to the turret, you are "in" the turret same as if you had entered it from outside. You can also enter a turret and switch to the host ship's core; then if you exit the core it is just as if you had entered the core directly and exited it.

So I believe the answer is that you would die when the turret is destroyed, no matter how you entered it. Possibly you could avoid death by switching to the core or another turret at the last moment...

Reaction score
    0ldSkull That's...really, really bad? That doesn't make sense, it should just go back to the core, like what happens when your camera is shot out. As always, it'll likely be fixed, SOON (tm)

Here's hoping the devs aren't too hungover for new years.

Reaction score
    I don't think it was ever intended as a remote control, just as a fast way to get to your turret or shuttle. Because if you switch to a ship and fly off to a planet and get out of the ship, you end up on the planet and not back on your ship. The same thing happens if you switch to a turret, detach and fly to a planet, and I have seen turrets that have full power,caps, and engines even. This is one that I don't think is even on the radar for a fix, it isn't a malfunction more user error, the instructions say it switches you not that it gives you remote control.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420109453,1420108751][/DOUBLEPOST]oh that reminds me of this video
    http://www.snotr.com/embed/13705
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420109526][/DOUBLEPOST]just remember if you hop out while in the turret, you will be in space.