Turret Control Computer and more

Reaction score
    Docking a bunch of turrets on a big ship is a lot of work already, but setting up every single one is just tedious. I hope we'll see a way to control all turrets with a simple interface.

Additionally it'd be great to have turret-commands on the actionbar along with the weapons of the ship itself. Such as: "fire at my target", "fire at anything", "don't fire".

Another thing that kind of bugs me is that the bounding box for turret docking ports are too tall and get in the way. Most turrets i've seen are about half the height of the standard box and there are always the turret enhancers should someone need more space. --- Yes that space is needed in case the turret needs to point upwards, which brings me to the next feature that i'd like to see.

Disabling specific axis of turret-movement. If i could disable the turret from tilting (except maybe a few degrees), you could place turrets on the inside of the ship and let them fire through openings in the hull. Without tilting, the bounding box wouldn't need to be as tall (unless enhanced) which would enable cool new designs. Something like this if anyone remembers the battle in episode 3.. battleships firing broadsides at each other.

Reaction score
    To allow for something like that, activate the AI of docked ships. Then create your slot and enjoy.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    1. Setting up a turret is easy, just click the AI config tab, if you\'re sitting in one(what you have to if you dock it).

2. You can activate and deactivate all turrets at once using your structure panel.

3. Split your turrets into multiple groups, one fires at anything, the other at the selected entity.