turret: bobbyAI resets to 'ship' from 'turret'

Reaction score
    Running 0.201.378 on a Ryzen 7 2700 / RX580 / 16G ram / Win 10

I have a turret giving me fits.
    The AI module in the turret base keeps resetting itself to 'Ship' from 'Turret'
    The turret is heavy enough that it takes 8 rail mass enhancers in the base to get it to move. The ship also has mass enhancers.
    Turret weapons are a pair of 41 Beam / 21 Missile combo units.

The turret in question is the large one on top the ship. The one mounted to the right side is the CIWS turret that works.
    starmade-screenshot-0003.png
    The turret traverses and elevates freely and has onboard shields.

So far, troubleshooting has included: removed/replaced the AI unit, changed it's location in the base, restarted the game, restarted the computer, had a couple beers.

Any idea what to do? I have CIWS turrets that don't have any problems.

Reaction score
    yeah, no joy. Still doesn't work. I've built a second test turret and it's still not working.

back to testing...

Reaction score
    It will reset every time you get back in the ship core it is attached to as well. Make sure you set it to turret and then don’t get in that ship core anymore. Make sure the AI in the base is removed as well.

Reaction score
    It will reset every time you get back in the ship core it is attached to as well. Make sure you set it to turret and then don’t get in that ship core anymore. Make sure the AI in the base is removed as well.
    Well aware of that one. Thanks though.

Actually, what I'm finding is that all of my turrets are behaving this way.

Set the base to 'turret' and next time you check it says 'ship'. Set the weapon part to 'turret' and it stays.
    That said, the only turrets that fire are the CIWS turrets, and only when targeted to missiles.

The big turrets sometimes track targets, but not very often. the CIWS will always track, but not fire if set to anything except 'missiles'.

When I pulled the AI from the base, I saw no change in behavior, but I'll pull them all and give it another go.

Reaction score
    Okay. it looks like the issue is that the ship the turrets are on can't supply enough power. When I stick them on a larger ship they work fine.

Oh - and that I had AI modules in the turret bases. Once I pulled the AI out of the base, I figured out the power issue.

eight of them took a level 19 reactor running 100% efficient to stabilize the power levels.

Last edited:
    Reactions: joshspaceboy