Turret alignment

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Would it be possible to have turrets reset to their default alignment when they are controlled by a Bobby AI and do not have an enemy detected?

The addition of fleet mechanics allows players to recall ships for docking, but if those recalled ships have turrets that have been firing, they may no longer fit the footprint that was originally created for them. This creates all kinds of confusion in the hangar bay, with players having to EVA to each ship and reset the turret positions manually before docking; or design a docking area that is clear of any obstacles in any position the turret(s) could face.

Reaction score
    I like this idea. Another solution at least for the fleets would be to have turrets reset when the recall command is given.

Reaction score
    Great idea. It also makes it easier to make a ship seem "docked" or stopped without needing to EVA to each turret. Maybe after 15 seconds of no targets the turrets rotate back.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Would it be possible to have turrets reset to their default alignment when they are controlled by a Bobby AI and do not have an enemy detected?

The addition of fleet mechanics allows players to recall ships for docking, but if those recalled ships have turrets that have been firing, they may no longer fit the footprint that was originally created for them. This creates all kinds of confusion in the hangar bay, with players having to EVA to each ship and reset the turret positions manually before docking; or design a docking area that is clear of any obstacles in any position the turret(s) could face.
    The mechanic is already in there, but it doesn't seem to work right. The turret resets after a while of no enemies detected, but the base part of the turret doesn't.

Perhaps this should be logged as a fault if it hasn't already.