Turret accuracy

Reaction score
    so I generally fly medium-large ships and recently tried experimenting with turrets, I havent used any large turrets yet but I do have a problem with small ones. they are way, WAY too innacurate. I had 8 ACM turrets shooting at a pirate station's turret and they couldn't hit it! at 100m away they could not hit a sattionary turret, I think that for small turrets (fits into standard dock) they are far more acurate but the more extenders you need to use, up to current innacuracy, the turrets will lose accuracy

Reaction score
    There is a server option for turret accuracy. Go into your starmade folder and find a notepad document titled: \"server\" (without quotes). In there are a range on options from how fast your ship goes, to crazy admin ones. If you look in there you should see the option \"turret_accuracy\", fiddle around with that untill your likeing.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
    The AI_WEAPON_AIMING_ACCURACY configuration option does not seem to work. No matter what value you put there, the accuracy doesn\'t seem to change. But even if it did work, it also changes the enemy AI as well as your turrets. So that\'s something to consider.

@OP. Are you sure your turrets weren\'t trying to shoot a separate turret within the same line of sight?

I also have experienced issues when my turrets engage enemy turrets. They seem to act wonky in a scenario like that, and most of the time they just don\'t shoot at turrets period.

Reaction score
    they were hitting right around it, and occasionally hitting the hull or ACMs of the turret itself but almost never the turret\'s core itself

Reaction score
    So I went and tested this out myself, and I didn\'t have any issues with with the new pirate bases in the recent pre-build(They have their turrets on the outside now instead of the inside)

I\'m not sure how you could reproduce this scenario