Turning Off the Atmosphere of a planet completely

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    How do you do this? I've tried before and have no clue why I'm still seeing it. >_> As nice as they are at a distance they are annoying up close.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    on the advanced settings in your launcher theres an option called "atmosphere shader". You can turn it off there

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Which type? The "bubble" as seen from space, or the atmosphere when looking up from a planet surface?

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Which type? The "bubble" as seen from space, or the atmosphere when looking up from a planet surface?
    The one while on the planet or in the upper atmosphere.

on the advanced settings in your launcher theres an option called "atmosphere shader". You can turn it off there
    I've got that set to off yet the thing still displays when in it. o_O Checked the configs and it is set to normal. >_> In the options menu it is off, in the configs it is set to normal so I don't know what is going on.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I've got that set to off yet the thing still displays when in it. o_O Checked the configs and it is set to normal. >_> In the options menu it is off, in the configs it is set to normal so I don't know what is going on.
    there might be some inconsistency between the config and the in-game options. i know there was a third option called "fallback" for a long time that was only recently removed so that could be it. I would change the config to "off" since it supersedes the in-game options and see if that works

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Offtopic, but speaking of planet atmospheres, could someone please explain to me why they still don't even fill the sky? They were fixed for a while but then somebody broke them again.