Turning into from the depths?

Would you find this fun?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe in a separate game mode

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Reaction score
    If territorial control is added after the implementation of Ai controlled fleets all you would need to add is several other factions and you have essentially the foundations of from the depths which I personally think would be awesome. Since the game isn't to harsh on most computers you could end up with massive Battles for galactic domination, especially in multiplayer where you could have teams of five each with the ability to control one or more fleets. This could mean battles would be much larger than from the depths and would create an awesome meta game. It also creates some interesting player made stories.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Haha do you mean like turning starmade into a top down rts like "Empire at War"? I'd love that. Go into fleet mode and duke it out with other ships and fleets. It'd really seperate star made from the rest of the space games. I've made imperial and rebel fleets so I might be a bit biased, but turning starmade into having a meta game fleet battler rts would be glorious

Reactions: nightrune

TBB

Reaction score
    I'm not so sure. It would maybe be a good foundation, but than you would have to consider groups within fleets and make sure that you don't have to micromanage everything. Imagine if you would have an army of only fighters fighting somebody with the same idea... In couple of years servers will run that smooth and SM will (hopefully) be way more optimized so that what crashed my game today doesn't even create a lag spike by then. Which means that you could maybe triple what you can do today creating even more chaos.

EDIT:
    Another suggestion was made about this before to create an homeland rip-off. I would like to imagine something like this with the current map layout combined with the layout of from the depths. Essentially a mechanic like in from the depths, but 3d and mechanics from homeland, but that would be in a sector itself. But still... That could be chaotic...

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    When it comes to battles, I like special-ops style games more.
    But games where you have to build your tools yourself and can let your creativity play.

I enjoyed many SpringRTS games and were in top20 in Zero-K (small community) but I lost interest because it's always the same and repeating all over.
    I like chess (without real-time element) but sometimes it's nice to not having to wait for 6 opponents to finish their turns.

Perhaps I could enjoy a RTS game mode where more actions per minute have diminishing returns. You gain advantage by ordering your fighter manually, but not that much if you order each of 1000 manually.
    I mean if combat-ranking is more based on decisions quality and setup.