Turbo Lasers

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Greetings all,
    Since my debacle with the AMC's ,could we have the inverse for reload values with Turbo Lasers? have a Laser bolt (not constant stream like beams) fire with the default reload at 500 and if you add a AMC block to it the reload gets longer? Laser bolts would be pretty nice, then we could have all the star wars ships be accurate....yeah I know... you can color the AMC's red...but...the idea of a AMC now to me, means what it implies, a cannon. hard hitting slow reload. Turbo lasers could have the opposite default values as I suggested above. Again, Default Values (it means NO SLAVES)

Last edited:

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Couldn't you just use rapid cannons that are already in the game?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    at default values with no slaves? what is there?
    You'll have to use slaves to get what you want for turbo lasers.

I don't see why that's a problem. We don't need a specific weapon, that's exactly what the new system is for. Turbo Lasers are usually slower in fire and hard hitting. You can get that with AMC + Damage Pulse. Add in your color of choice, Empire frequently uses green and other factions I've seen like red. Ion cannons and the Chiss have blue.

Also, lasers in Star Wars act like cannons in Star Made, with very few exceptions (LAAT/i laser pods, Chiss Charric, etc.)

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You'll have to use slaves to get what you want for turbo lasers.

I don't see why that's a problem. We don't need a specific weapon, that's exactly what the new system is for. Turbo Lasers are usually slower in fire and hard hitting. You can get that with AMC + Damage Pulse. Add in your color of choice, Empire frequently uses green and other factions I've seen like red. Ion cannons and the Chiss have blue.

Also, lasers in Star Wars act like cannons in Star Made, with very few exceptions (LAAT/i laser pods, Chiss Charric, etc.)
    yeah, as I did mention that. I was just going for a default valued weapon, no slaves, since for fighters, which there isn't a whole lot of room to be making slave systems to achieve that rapid effect combined with space available. ;) it really is only a suggestion. It technically doesnt matter since we can set up our own configs. I was just curious what people thought.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    yeah, as I did mention that. I was just going for a default valued weapon, no slaves, since for fighters, which there isn't a whole lot of room to be making slave systems to achieve that rapid effect combined with space available. ;) it really is only a suggestion. It technically doesnt matter since we can set up our own configs. I was just curious what people thought.
    Cannon+cannon+overdrive should do the trick well enough

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Overdrive should be a full-ship buff - shields, thrust, and weapons (not power) but with increased power requirements (greater than the buffs) in addition to a per-second requirement.
    Slaving the overdrive to any sort of block gives a greater buff to the system (with a higher power cost, even if that is a more efficient power cost)
    Weapons would get both a buff to damage and firing speed.