Tron Legacy Rectifier Inspired Carrier Version 1.0

Reaction score
    This is my first capital ship. I was inspired by CLU's Rectifier Carrier from the movie Tron Legacy. Althought heavily inspired, it is not a complete copy. I build it to function as a mobile base of operation, pretty much like an aircraft carrier would be. Heavily defended by defensive turrets and 2 mega cannons.

It does have forward weapons and missles but the carrier is design to fight with its turrets and fighters.

Mass: 45108.3 (Blocks: 472537)

Lenght: 600m, Height: 109m, Width: 96m

Power: 11357054.1 (1922625.0 e/sec)

Thrust: 74273.9

Turning Speed: X-Axis: 1.1, Y-Axis: 1.1, Z-Axis: 1.0

Shields: 655689.0 (17018 s/sec) Blocks: 23170; Recovery: 4.0

Cost: 626386804 Credits

Download at: http://star-made.org/node/17343

Screenies:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Nice ship.

What are the two little cubes one 2/10? Escape pods or shuttles?

And all the stuff on picture 8/10?

I like how you made use of outlines. But I really like to see a sketch of floor-maps. How you did your interior (access to engine rooms, etc).

I never get my own access to engines, etc done without overdoing it and make it look like mess or forgetting it and have a boring interior. My ships are either borg or a maze.

Reaction score
    Thank you! Glad you like the ship. :)

The two little cubes are cargo container which can dock with the space train looking ship at the lower left of 8/10. :)

The ships in 8/10 consist of bombers, Recognizers (Fighters I guess you could consider them), Tanks, missle tanks and medium fighters. The two big ships with blue glowing cylinders are harvesters.

As for the ship interior.. that is a little bit of creative liberty. There really isn\'t that much information on the net about the rectificer, at least not in great detail. I try looking for a schematic but couldn\'t find any. Didn\'t really have a sketch... more of go by the wire. lol

So I took liberty and made the circle section of the carrier (which was a repurposing device in the movie) into the engines and use the two entrance/exit as access into the engine room. The crew quarters / mess hall / medical center is under the forward flight deck. The bridge is at the center of the ship accessable thru retractable stairs and forward part of the ship is weapon control, Air Traffic Control and Power Engineering section.

I wanted to make it alot more detail but i wanted to keep the number of block low so that it doesn\'t stain the system too much, thus by it doesn\'t have as much blocks as other larger ships. I also didn\'t want to create an Overpowered God Ship, thus is is more like a light carrier fighting with fighters from a distance than two battleships duking it out at close range.