Travel between galaxies

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have embarked on a flight to find a neighboring galaxy. However I have come to understand that I may have to traverse over a thousand sectors before I reach the next one. This could take a really long time even using admin warping.

Is there an easier way to cross the expanse, is the flight to another galaxy worth it?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Right now there's no real explicit reasons. The void between my nearest neighboring galaxy is somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 sectors long, so in theory you'd need to make 100 jumps in one direction with a jump-drive capable ship, from the farthest arm of your galaxy to the farthest arm of the other galaxy. That's not really too bad considering it's an entire galaxy you're traveling to. Set up some warp gates along the way and the return trip will be easier.

No doubt we'll get some reasons to travel out in the future.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    On heavily populated servers, which will increase as the server software gets better and better, entire galaxies maybe end up being controlled.

Hyperspace is going to be a long-distance jump-drive, capable of crossing the gap between galaxies in just a dozen seconds. Of course, there is still the extra FP cost of being so far from the starter galaxy, meaning most factions will only branch out once it becomes necessary, or for isolationism.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just hold shift and start moving system-by-system and it becomes much easier
    The distance between the galactic core of the spawn galaxy is around 8000 kms to the edge of another galaxy if you go to the galaxies on "the sides"(on a 5km per sector server)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Is there still any consensus on what, exactly, hyperdrive will do? I remember there being something about a thruster nerf?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Is there still any consensus on what, exactly, hyperdrive will do? I remember there being something about a thruster nerf?
    It was going to be a "capital ship system," which would have thrust heavily nerfed, down to something low or non-existence. Specifics haven't been (publicly) decided on AFAIK, but it looks like it was going to be a big nerf but not down to nothing as originally planned.

Other capital systems included ship-mounted undeathinators, faction home bases, and possibly factories.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It was going to be a "capital ship system," which would have thrust heavily nerfed, down to something low or non-existence. Specifics haven't been (publicly) decided on AFAIK, but it looks like it was going to be a big nerf but not down to nothing as originally planned.

Other capital systems included ship-mounted undeathinators, faction home bases, and possibly factories.
    That makes sense. I think the massive 500+ meter long Titan getting a thruster nerf in order to be a flagship just makes sense. Titans are too fast when it comes to directional thrust to begin with, in my opinion.