Touch Screen Controls

Reaction score
    With the release of Windows 8 last year, more and more computer manufactors are releasing computers with touch screens. I have a Surface Pro, which of coruse has a touch screen. The in game contro,s work great, but with a device like the Surface, if you want to kick back and relax, touchscreen is the way to go. Using a keyboard and touchpad/mouse is troublesome.

Implementation: Detect the difference between touch/mouse. Pen input should be considered mouse input if it can be differenciated (Win 8 apps can detect the difference between the Surface Pro Pen or toich input). Touch input should rotate the camera with a mouch lower senitivity. Double tap is left click, long press in one spot is right click. Add interfacesvon the HUD to open the inventory and everything without the keyboard (kind of already there, but tapping them does nothing). Add on screen buttons for moving and jump if touch screen use is detected.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    support multiple cursors. I can say firsthand that playing a first-person game with only a single cursor for input is not an optimal experience. :(

Reaction score
    This is depressing. I know OpenGL (in C++), but not LWJGL, so I did not know how it worked. I would be nice if this could still be done. Games with touch screen support are a lot of fun and can literally be played anywhere. I would love to see a sandbox building game like StarMade to have them. Minecraft has a \"Pocket Edition\" but it is not really Minecraft. Too much crap removed.

Koloss_Meshuggah

Resident Wall Flower
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just got an acer touchscreen laptop. It has no right or left click buttons. I guess I\'ll have to break out the mouse.