Top bottom nested turrets

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Yes, specifically designed to look better upside down (yah, that gigantic thing under the ship):

If you want more pics of the turret (and ship) just click the link in my signature and scroll down the first post.

Problems: I built the entire thing upside down and had to flip the core with smedit when I realized. Just make sure that you build it UP while in build mode.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Nice ship, But I not was think about putting a turrets on the bottom of the ship. Want I want to do is have a groove in the side of a ship and have turrets inside the groove, one on the top and one on the bottom of the groove.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Nice ship, But I not was think about putting a turrets on the bottom of the ship. Want I want to do is have a groove in the side of a ship and have turrets inside the groove, one on the top and one on the bottom of the groove.
    Turret docking areas can overlap, but be careful the turrets themselves don't encroach on the other turret's docking space.

I don't see why you can't do it, but it might look bad as turrets will clip through the ship if the area is too tight. If we can ever set turret rotation paths and limitations one day though, I can see upside+upside-down nested turrets looking pretty sweet. I might just try this myself on my personal ship builds.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Hmm, I thought so.

Yes, I've seen it get done. It didn't look nice at all though. Both turrets just clipped through the ship and each other. The ship wasn't pretty to start with either, I guess that didn't help.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    If you don't mind turrets clipping, this should work fine.
    If you have issues with clipping, then you can dock them on normal, fixed docks instead. They won't be able to turn, but if they have AI they'll still fire at things in front of them.
    If you simply want the look, you can always just build fixed guns that look like turrets.