Tone down randomized backgrounds.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I absolutely LOVE the awesome new space backgrounds, but sometimes they seem to be a bit much... Having multicolored light shows surrounding every single star system is a bit weird. I would recommend making it a bit more likely for a system to have a less bright and/or nonexistent random skybox.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nooooooooo!!!! I looooove the procedural backgrounds. They're the prettiest thing in the entire game (except possibly for the shield hit effect, that's really cool too). It's a space game: leave the space in it, please,

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Nooooooooo!!!! I looooove the procedural backgrounds. They're the prettiest thing in the entire game (except possibly for the shield hit effect, that's really cool too). It's a space game: leave the space in it, please,
    But... Space is supposed to be empty...

To the OP, I can agree that orange-green-blue nebulas are a bit over the top. They look good, yeah. In a fauvist way.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ok, the green looks a bit weird. But that is about the only one that I don't like.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ok, the green looks a bit weird. But that is about the only one that I don't like.
    Actually, they all look great, IMO. But they become kind of pointless when every single system has a multicolored nebula surrounding it. Discovering a zone with a really bright, pretty skybox should be rare.