Tomino_sama Council App

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robowl

Master Owl
    Reaction score
    Username Tomino_sama

Responses in this application will be posted publicly in a voting thread.

Timezone (GMT): Yes I am in the GMT timezone, i suppose you mean Zero? We go +1 in Summer

How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week? 80 Hours, but this is a low estimate. It is definitely higher than this and more so when need be. I regularly sleep for only 5 hours every 3 days and this helps me to be more productive.

How long have you been playing StarMade? Excluding Time Travel, over 2 years. Since May 31st 2013 also known as year Zero in the Anno-Schine Calendar. I have played it every day and have installed every release build and all Dev builds.

What’s your playstyle in StarMade? ALL THE COLORS, ALL THE BLOCKS, ALL THE FEATURES, ALL HE SHIPS, ALL THE STATIONS, ALL THE PLANETS, ALL THE YHOLES, ALL THE MINING, ALL THE CRAFTING, ALL THE PVE, ALL THE PVP, ALL THE YHOLES

Also I like trains, Tomato Sauce and walks on the beach.

TLDR I am a creative hardcore
    survival mining trader, smuggler, Faction Leader & Lone Wolf on alt accounts. Also I released around 100 video on each subject mentioned.

What are some qualities you think you posses that would make you a good council member? I have an Enforcer by the name of Zed, he used to follow Zardoz. His real name is Shaun Connery, he is just an Exterminator.

Also I ran a large and vibrant starmade community for just under 2 years, you may have heard of it - the People's Fleet of Mushrooms.

What are some of your weaknesses? I Smile and Laugh all the Time.

Self-Deification, Eugenics, Immortality, Kryptonite, Ice Grass, Hunger, Paranoia (am i right guys?), taking things super serious. ZARDOZ.

Also Mortal Illnesses and Financial Ruin.

What motivates you to become a council member? I have been actively promoting this game and helping players to get more out of the experience for just under 2 years. Also our server is free.

Ironically Election will have little impact on my current activities with Starmade.

As Starmade's El Presidente Elect - I would simply focus my efforts to Starmade in an official capacity, whereas currently I do all this unofficially.

I hope to one day develop technology that can compress the conscious thoughts of a human being into a crystal of infinite capacity. This light based computer will lead to a new age of immortality as on death your crystal is implanted into a newly cloned young version of your self. ZARDOZ!

How do you contribute to the community currently? This is going to be a tricky question to answer without running out of characters.

1. I have run 3 Starmade public servers. 1 pvp hardcore server, 1 dev build server & 1 survival based. All these are currently running.

"Mushroom Fleet Proving Grounds" is the longest running & Top White list server in Starmade having run for 19 months. (also we do not cheap out on hardware - this is a business level contract worth £1450 per annum.

2. I have been highly active on Twitter and for over 6 months was the only person using the #starmade tag, actively competing with Rappers and hairstylists who were using this tag before July 2013.
    Thanks to my efforts, they all gave up. Now #starmade is for Starmade.

3. I was working with Schema to help revitalize first the facebook Starmade page, then the twitter account.
    I was doing this for a number of months, last year, until a schine staff member was found and took up the reigns.

4. I was instrumental in reactivating the long unused official starmade youtube channel. I made a series of short videos at request from Schema detailing new dev build features as they released.

5. I regularly post Starmade content to the following website and social outlets:
    Facebook, Google+, Reddit, twitter, Sumbleupon, Tumblr, Myspace, Blogger, Pinterest & occasionally Linkedin :D

This is not enough - of course - to showcase an awesome game like Starmade, So for the last 20 months I have been streaming for up to 8 hours daily (max 20) on Twitch.tv/MushroomFleet - until I moved house on march 11th, Starmade was a guaranteed focus point.

6. YOUTUBE.

I never dropped Starmade, I never covered another game on my channel, I never took any breaks. I produced on average 3-6 videos per day for 18 months. The numbers speak for themselves.

Videos: 1,531
    -
    Subs: 5,881
    -
    1,503,707 Million Views

(Twitch.tv/mushroomfleet covers other games as that is how I deal with Burnout. How else do you stay on one game for so long ;D ? 26.5K Views and 687 Followers.)

7. G+ MF Community

Our Starmade Player Community is 2910 members strong - all these players are Whitelisted. We have never removed a name from a whitelist.

~~~

TLDR - Mushroom Fleet has been a strong and Loyal presence in Starmade, As it's defacto leader, I will put my name forward as it would seem strange not to. Given my involvement and so on.

I am under NDA so cannot say any more about why I would fit the Role. Sorry Schine has me gagged on any further information that would support my application.

All warnings, active or inactive will be posted on your application.

Status
    Not open for further replies.