Toggle Area Trigger Visibility in Build Mode

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi Schine,

Could we please have a way to toggle the visibility of the area activation trigger blocks in build mode.

Something like a tick box to have the blocks visible/not, say perhaps an advanced option like the mirror option in symmetry building.

The reason I ask is, I use to like making videos while in build mode with the HUD turned off. This allowed me hands free camera positioning when filming from the moving structure.

At the moment, I have to use trickery. Like docking another ship and film from there or have another character aligned to the ship and have their HUD turned off. So much mucking around to do something that was simple back when you couldn't see them unless they were selected.

Don't get me wrong, I like the new visibility feature. I only want a simple switch to turn it on/off at my leasure.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I see no reason this cant be a setting in the graphics options like draw beams is.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Are you aware of the free-camera? I think it's two pushes of the right (not left) shift button, And then being able to use a control button (left shift?) to mouse around in free-look mode. Similar to build mode, but without being in build mode.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi jayman38,

Yes I'm aware, but this is not as flexible as using the build mode camera positioning.

I can move around, through, in/out, as you do with build mode, but with the external camera it has limited plane/orientation movement.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ideally, I would like a true ghost mode camera. That can be aligned to an entity for easy tracking control. That way, my camera man is not targeted when recording battle tests or testing AI.

ToasterBorst

Formerly known as Weishaupt
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Wired for Logic
    This would be extremely helpful. Probably best suited to the advanced build options rather than graphics options so the forgetful don't loose their triggers, but yeah, it would be extremely helpful.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy