To Turret, or not to Turret.

Reaction score
    I can't decide where to put turrets on this ship, or if I should. I also suck at making good looking turrets, so some tips on that would be nice too.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Id suggest making some larger turrets and placing them on the back flat corners. It would look really cool if you can make them look almost as if they are apart of the ship. Some smaller turrets would also look nice on the other flat surfaces.

Reaction score
    Well teaching somebody to build is actually a lot harder then it sounds. Everybody has his own set of preferences towards turrets (size, range, lenght, ...) and in most cases all turrets from 1 person would reflect a basic concept design he uses, knowingly or not.

I can't really see the total shape of the ship but from what I can see it looks like a flat topped ship with a hanger, bridge and a garden in it and very little detail on the top or the use of any other color besides black.
    (note this is not criticism in any way)

I would say you can at least put 3 medium turrets on the top (2 on the back, 1 on the front) and 2-4 smaller ones as anti fighter defense (in front of the bridge left and right). After that I would put some detailing on it to make it look less flat.

Reaction score
    Well teaching somebody to build is actually a lot harder then it sounds. Everybody has his own set of preferences towards turrets (size, range, lenght, ...) and in most cases all turrets from 1 person would reflect a basic concept design he uses, knowingly or not.

I can't really see the total shape of the ship but from what I can see it looks like a flat topped ship with a hanger, bridge and a garden in it and very little detail on the top or the use of any other color besides black.
    (note this is not criticism in any way)

I would say you can at least put 3 medium turrets on the top (2 on the back, 1 on the front) and 2-4 smaller ones as anti fighter defense (in front of the bridge left and right). After that I would put some detailing on it to make it look less flat.

It is still being built, I haven't added finishing details yet, but i will., it pretty much looks the same on the bottom also. I juts want to get the turrets on before I do anything else.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You could place wedge-shaped turrets at the back of the sides (on those flat sections) and they would look like they were part of the ship